Line Combos: Post-preseason lines, who makes the cut?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
You seriously think Hutson will solve all our pp problems? Come on. PP's problem is way deeper that Matheson's play at the point.
I think a large part of a power play’s success is talent over systems.

Hutson will solve a problem of creativity and unpredictably from the back end

Reactions: Trabdy2

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008

I’m sure he will improve it but he isn’t going to be the messiah and turn this into a top ten PP.

Reactions: Andy

Positive Vibes

Habs4Life
Jun 24, 2016
Canada
You gonna be saying this next year too? McKenna draft after all
did you expect them to make the playoffs this year or something? i said one more year lol didn't say anything about the year after that they likely wont be bad enough to be in the conversation for McKenna with Demidov coming and hopefully a full year of a healthy Laine.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Their plan for the pp to work is to change nothing and pray. This is quite sad.
This is not surprising though since they made zero adjustment during the season. It's a new form of coaching, I call it the "pious coaching".
Going by this pre-season, they did change something. they moved around the forward on PP1...and made it worst, because nobody is in a position to use their best attribute(s)/skill(s).

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018

Agreed. Plus, systems don't work if the skill isn't there to execute on it.

We struggle so much creating good looks for shooters on the PP. We operate too slowly and predictably, moving the puck slowly around the perimeter, waiting for the opposing defensive box to give us an opportunity for a seam pass to a player in good scoring position, but we are rarely sharp enough to do anything with it. The pass isn't attempted, or it misses, or the reception is flubbed. So there's issues not only in organically creating a volume of those opportunities, but it's also pass and shot execution.

Hutson will be able to help with organically creating more of those opportunities with his dynamic movement and vision, and he's a really good passer too. So he'll be able to increase volume of opportunities and help with play execution. I really think we need to have him and Suzuki on the same PP to create consistent scoring threats.

At least we didn't struggle too much gaining the zone, if there is anything positive we've seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad