Line Combos: Post-preseason lines, who makes the cut?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The lapses are expected for a player with a big 2 game experience.

Expecting him to be super efficient out of the gate is just typical overcritical hfhabs.

Just enjoy talent getting infused instead of focusing on anything negative you can put your finger on.

Did you watch him in Boston? I did. He'll get better all-around as he gains experience.
I did and he wasn't playing completely over the top with either of Boston University and or any USA National Team.
I expect nothing less here. I'm not sure how that can be construed as a negative.
There has to be a happy balance in there somewhere.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I did and he wasn't playing completely over the top with either of Boston University and or any USA National Teams.
I expect nothing less here. I'm not sure how that can be construed as a negative.
There has to be a happy balance in there somewhere.

You made it a thing about him being -2 in his first two games as a pro....

I'll repeat: his first two games as a pro.

All these premature "oh if he plays this way or that way" is f***ing bonkers man. Get a grip. He's a friggin rookie. Let him grow.

Reactions: zeeto

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
We still have to make that paper transaction for cap reasons don't we?

Yes, we are slightly over the cap by about $1,15m. Xhekaj makes $1,3m and is still exempt from waivers. I expect him to be paper transferred down. It will be done separately so as not to look like he's actually being demoted with the rest.

Price will get put on LTIR. Xhekaj will be recalled and we should have around $9.4m in cap space for the rest of the year.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Yes, we are slightly over the cap by about $1,15m. Xhekaj makes $1,3m and is still exempt from waivers. I expect him to be paper transferred down. It will be done separately so as not to look like he's actually being demoted with the rest.

Price will get put on LTIR. Xhekaj will be recalled and we should have around $9.4m in cap space for the rest of the year.
+ RHP + Laine. Should be about 12 in Cap Space left by my calculations.

Reactions: The Real Timo

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You made it a thing aboutt him being -2 in his first two games as a pro....

I'll repeat: his first two games as a pro.

All these premature "oh if he plays this way or that way" is f***ing bonkers man. Get a grip. He's a friggin rookie. Let him grow.
I making it about his complete body of work while wearing a Habs jersey including those two season ending affairs.
The lapses which I do agree will happen need to be minimized or he won't be playing second pairing very long...

Something he was able to do in his previous programs.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I making it about his complete body of work while wearing a Habs jersey including those two season ending affairs.
The lapses which I do agree will happen need to be minimized or he won't be playing second pairing very long...

Something he was able to do in his previous programs.

I guess I'll have to repeat again

TWO GAMES

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I guess I'll have to repeat again

TWO GAMES
Well lets just see how he does in his first TWO GAMES shall we.
He's got a huge challenge on his plate with back to backs against Toronto/Boston.
I really haven't changed my stance on this player since day one.
I'm not convinced a top 4 including Matheson and Hutson on that left side is sustainable.
As long as we are pointing our finger at him more often for good play than bad we should be good.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I never doubted Oliver Kapenen making this team after his first preseason game.

And Roy sealed his fate (in the short term) with his performance in his last game and Heineman's consistent performances throughout.
Roy can go either way... he can either take the route of sulking and pouting and basically playing himself out of Habs plans altogehter, or he can go Yoel route and reignite his play and once given an opportunity, seize it and never let go.

As Darren Dragger would say "he either will, or he will not".

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
My issue with Anderson on the 2nd line is that plays tend to die on his stick. He loses board battles and his shots now miss the net entirely. He can bang around on the bottom 6 where scoring isn't mandatory.
Looks like MSL heard you.

Armia - soft hands, good along the boards, plays won’t die on his stick.

The knock is that he‘ won’t be consistent.

Reactions: CaptainKirk

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Roy can go either way... he can either take the route of sulking and pouting and basically playing himself out of Habs plans altogehter, or he can go Yoel route and reignite his play and once given an opportunity, seize it and never let go.

As Darren Dragger would say "he either will, or he will not".
Yeah because he won't necessarily be the first call up if he does.
Both teams now have the task of putting the pieces together properly.
I wish them luck.

Reactions: The Real Timo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad