Line Combos: Post-preseason lines, who makes the cut?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
This is what I would do:

Slafkovsky-Suzuki-Newhook
Kapanen-Dach-Caufield
Heineman-Dvorak-Armia
Gallagher-Evans-Anderson
Pezzetta, Condotta

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Struble-Barron
Xhekaj

Montembeault
Primeau

Roy goes down to ramp his game back up; Xhekaj, Struble and Barron do a rotation. Primeau only makes it over Dobes due to waivers and slow cooking Dobes as a goalie.
There might be some heat if they go with Heineman instead of Roy, but going by pure merit that's absolutely the right call. Roy didn't show anything to justify starting the season with the big team right away and Heineman did.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
This is what I would do:

Slafkovsky-Suzuki-Newhook
Kapanen-Dach-Caufield
Heineman-Dvorak-Armia
Gallagher-Evans-Anderson
Pezzetta, Condotta

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Struble-Barron
Xhekaj

Montembeault
Primeau

Roy goes down to ramp his game back up; Xhekaj, Struble and Barron do a rotation. Primeau only makes it over Dobes due to waivers and slow cooking Dobes as a goalie.

I came here to say that this is how the line up should look like. Roy need more time in the AHL. He was invisible. Was he worst then newhook or anderson? not by much, but unlike the other two, you can really help him improve by getting 1st line ice time in the AHL...

MSL wont break the 1st line for the few games, so i think the 2nd line will be
Slaf - suzuki - CC
Armia - dach - newhook
Heineman - Dvo - Kapanen
Gally - Evans - Anderson

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I have a legit question guys. do you think Gallagher and Anderson would be the best scorer in the AHL if they would playing there this year? Honest question here

Reactions: DAChampion

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
I have a legit question guys. do you think Gallagher and Anderson would be the best scorer in the AHL if they would playing there this year? Honest question here

Most likely, if they gave full effort down there. Gallagher I would think would be one of the best players in the AHL and Anderson would be solid too.

Reactions: DAChampion

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Most likely, if they gave full effort down there. Gallagher I would think would be one of the best players in the AHL and Anderson would be solid too.
Anderson doesn’t even give full efforts in the NHL. I’d be surprised if he even showed up to his AHL assignment.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Anderson doesn’t even give full efforts in the NHL. I’d be surprised if he even showed up to his AHL assignment.
That's textbook case for contract termination without player approval.I doubt Anderson is going to leave his millions like that.

Reactions: vokiel

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
He didn't f*** up his preseason enough to be waived anyhow. This was the worst preseason I've ever watched in 20+ years of being a Habs fan, but it's not on Anderson or Gallagher. It's all on MSL and the coaching staff we have imho. It will show on Wednesday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad