Buffalo Bills Post-Draft Discussion

What position do you want the Bills to draft round 1?

• RB

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • WR / TE

Votes: 37 60.7%
  • OL

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • DL

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • LB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CB

• S

• Trade out of first round

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
The Athletic is drunk

Screenshot_20240518_001235_The Athletic.jpg

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Jack Sawyer lined up a lot at LDE last season but spent time at RDE in 2022. He’s a poor man’s Bosa but his physicality is something the Bills could really use. He’s a straight a$$ kicker.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Question for season ticket holders:

Do you have access to your tickets yet digitially? Meaning, can you already transfer tickets to people? A person on a local facebook group I am in is trying to sell tickets to games. She claims she can transfer tickets immediately....which set off alarms for me.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

The above appeared in my YouTube suggestions. Never watched this guy before but i really liked this video & gave him a sub.

I think most regular posters here already get it - but i wish that the mouth breathers would see & understand stuff like this. The game is ever evolving. KC seemed to time their transition perfectly & we seem to be following their lead. Both offensively & defensively.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
It's hardly surprising - but Claypool is being way over hyped (both ways). He's nothing more than a camp body.

After the MVS signing i see five roster locks at WR & can realistically see a scenario where they only carry five. All of the other guys on the roster are facing an uphill battle.
With Curtis Samuel's injury history, that battle for the 6th WR spot is legit. I could see them keeping 5 or 6 WRs. And what Claypool, and every other WR in that battle, do could make the decisions on the last few roster spots tougher.

And McD is talking differently about Claypool than he has in the past for plenty of guys in this spot.

Last edited:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
It's hardly surprising - but Claypool is being way over hyped (both ways). He's nothing more than a camp body.

After the MVS signing i see five roster locks at WR & can realistically see a scenario where they only carry five. All of the other guys on the roster are facing an uphill battle.

What "over hype"?

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
I just read a Jean-Luc Picard quote and it brought me right back to Thirteen Seconds.

"It's Possible to Commit No Mistakes and Still Lose. That is not Weakness. That is Life."

1716385712613.png

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
What "over hype"?
Yeah. Coleman, Shakir, Samuel and MVS are all definitively ahead of Claypool at this time.

Claypool is intriguing because he's immensely talented but seems to hold himself back. He's intriguing because if he could be unlocked, he could be a real weapon for us.

But until such time comes, he's squarely on the roster bubble and competing for ST duties.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Coleman, Shakir, samuels are all locks. Hollins, MVS, Shorter, Claypool all seem like the next tier for the final 3 spots.

I don’t think anyone is expecting claypool to do anything more than compete for a depth role

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Coleman, Shakir, samuels are all locks. Hollins, MVS, Shorter, Claypool all seem like the next tier for the final 3 spots.

I don’t think anyone is expecting claypool to do anything more than compete for a depth role
I completely forgot about Hollins. Given his ST capabilities, I'd move him into "lock" status alongside Coleman, Shakir, Samuel and MVS.

Claypool/Shorter/Hamler/Isabella all seem to be competing for that 6th and probably final WR spot.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
What "over hype"?
Fans/media are - for the most part - not treating him like a typical camp body who is at absolute best going to be on the bubble.

I completely forgot about Hollins. Given his ST capabilities, I'd move him into "lock" status alongside Coleman, Shakir, Samuel and MVS.

Claypool/Shorter/Hamler/Isabella all seem to be competing for that 6th and probably final WR spot.
There's more chance of them carrying five than seven. As we have both posted - the top five are now set in stone.

If a 6th guy makes it, he'd better be a strong ST contributor.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

And his great blocking ability. I’d have him and MVS as near locks, but you never know.

Agreed on that 6th spot

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
And his great blocking ability. I’d have him and MVS as near locks, but you never know.

Agreed on that 6th spot

I think Brady is going to want his #4/#5/#6 etc...to be solid blockers. Someone posted the contracts of their new WRs, and it's pretty clear (from what I remember) that Hollins and MVS should make the team. They're both very good blockers. Brady is likely going to run the ball quite a bit, especially if the matchup dictates it- so he's probably enticed at the fact he has Kincaid/ Knox/ MVS/ Hollins/ Coleman etc...to use for some extra size and physicality for RPOs. How is Coleman's blocking, anyways? I can see him being like Kincaid who just loves to get involved in the physical stuff even though he wasn't exactly known for his blocking in college.

I do think Claypool has as good of a chance as any of the fringe guys to make it. He has the talent. Let's see of McD can get his head on straight. I'm not too hopeful, but time will tell.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I think Brady is going to want his #4/#5/#6 etc...to be solid blockers. Someone posted the contracts of their new WRs, and it's pretty clear (from what I remember) that Hollins and MVS should make the team. They're both very good blockers. Brady is likely going to run the ball quite a bit, especially if the matchup dictates it- so he's probably enticed at the fact he has Kincaid/ Knox/ MVS/ Hollins/ Coleman etc...to use for some extra size and physicality for RPOs. How is Coleman's blocking, anyways? I can see him being like Kincaid who just loves to get involved in the physical stuff even though he wasn't exactly known for his blocking in college.

I do think Claypool has as good of a chance as any of the fringe guys to make it. He has the talent. Let's see of McD can get his head on straight. I'm not too hopeful, but time will tell.

Cover1 said Coleman might be the best blocking WR in the draft. He likes to do it too - even when the run isn't to his side he'll pancake guys.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Cover1 said Coleman might be the best blocking WR in the draft. He likes to do it too - even when the run isn't to his side he'll pancake guys.
Nice. Having Coleman + MVS on the outside with Kincaid and Knox on the field is going to be a PITA for teams to deal with when we run the rock. Hopefully, the interior of the O line can bully teams. If that happens, then watch out. The potential with this offense is scary with Brady at the helm (assuming he continues progressing). I really like the blend of our WR core.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad