Speculation: Possible trade coming up? (UPD: Jacob de la Rose cut)

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
They probably tried to trade Moen, but we got offered a bunch of bullcrap contracts and players.

I think they are just getting the competition away from Moen so he can shine, and the GM doesn't look bad with the contract he gave to Moen.

Can't believe we kept Moen over DLR and Tinordi over Bouillon. Might not even watch the game tomorrow.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I'll predict something else; another "bold" prediction, if you'll call it like that...

After watching Weise play in the training camp, I think it's a matter of time before Moen comes back on the 4th line and Weise gets out of the lineup.

Well, you picked the apt adjective in"bold" because it's obviously not "correct". Weise played fine in the preseason.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I think they are just getting the competition away from Moen so he can shine, and the GM doesn't look bad with the contract he gave to Moen.

Can't believe we kept Moen over DLR and Tinordi over Bouillon. Might not even watch the game tomorrow.

This is the darkest day in habs history mate, classic stupid GM move.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006

Screw Bouillon

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
So Bournival and Moen are our extras...

Instead of trading either of them, how bout trade Eller and move Galchenyuk to center and let Bournival take Galchenyuk's original spot and then we'll be 2015 Stanley Cup Champions and people will love DD for winning the Conn Smythe. How bout that.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Just stopped by to remind everyone that Raphael Diaz was in our top 4 for a good chunk of time at the start of last season. No one should be complaining about a healthy Emelin on his natural side this year.
Other teams rarely scored with Diaz on the ice...

I'm hoping Emelin is back to form of two years ago... he was awesome. Just has me worried. He's the biggest question mark on the team right now, IMO.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
No takers for DD I see...

Troublesome. I hope the 1st line gets sorted out before March. Don't want to see another easily contained top line in the post season.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Smart decision he's not ready yet.

I thought he looked like the most polished of all our young players who were vying for a spot.

I think people expect more offense, but I don't think he's that kind of player...doesn't mean he won't put up points, but I don't ever think people will find that JDLR does anything that stands out in particular, but I thought all preseason long, he won his faceoffs, chipped the puck in/out when he played wing, great on the backcheck, and made high %'age plays almost every time he had the puck

looks like the coaching staff also thought this...let's be honest, if it wasn't for Moen's contract, he'd be on the team.

Very excited about JDLR as a prospect, especially if he continues as a center...a position that the Habs are weak in organizationally

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Moen was 100x better than Prust last year. Just saying.

And the Bouillon thing has to be a joke. Tinordi should be in the AHL, IMO... but not for Bouillon.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I thought he looked like the most polished of all our young players who were vying for a spot.

I think people expect more offense, but I don't think he's that kind of player...doesn't mean he won't put up points, but I don't ever think people will find that JDLR does anything that stands out in particular, but I thought all preseason long, he won his faceoffs, chipped the puck in/out when he played wing, great on the backcheck, and made high %'age plays almost every time he had the puck

looks like the coaching staff also thought this...let's be honest, if it wasn't for Moen's contract, he'd be on the team.

Very excited about JDLR as a prospect, especially if he continues as a center...a position that the Habs are weak in organizationally

I'd much rather let him play in the AHL and see if we can cultivate offense than just say, oh he's not that type of player, and leave it at that.

We are at the point where our organization is deep enough we don't have to rush DLR to play him on a 3rd line. Let DLR decide what his ceiling is.

We aren't long from seeing Andrighetto, Lehkonen, Scherbak and DLR with the big club and that means Parenteau, DD, Bourque will be on notice.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I just saw one, Colin Greening and Chris Phillips for Rene Bourque

Greening I could understand, but Phillips, really ? Guy will probably retire a Sens... Greening is Weise 2.0, a bit more skilled perhaps, but not by much...

Anyway, twas just a rumor. And with DLR down, perhaps those will cease a bit...

habitue*

Not necessarely.

No place for him in the regular line up with a totally healthy cast. If they would had really wanted to keep him, they would had sent Bournival down. But really no point keeping a 19 yo in the stands.

bhuya71

Jun 14, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
I'd much rather let him play in the AHL and see if we can cultivate offense than just say, oh he's not that type of player, and leave it at that.

We are at the point where our organization is deep enough we don't have to rush DLR to play him on a 3rd line. Let DLR decide what his ceiling is.

We aren't long from seeing Andrighetto, Lehkonen, Scherbak and DLR with the big club and that means Parenteau, DD, Bourque will be on notice.

Exactly as Bergevin has said and has actually been consistent with.

If the kids force him to make a decision he'll make one. No point in rushing and ruining prospects. Let them bang the damn door down and force Bergy to insert em.

Hopefully by 2016 (when I think our TRUE window opens, atm it's just building experience and cultivating a spirit/winning culture till we've got all the pieces and cap space in check) is:

Patches-Galch-xxxx
xxxx-Eller/DD-Gally
xxxx-Plex-Sekac
xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Tinordi-PK
Markov-Beaulieu
Emelin-xxxx
xxxx

We've essentially got these guys under contract that are actually on the team as of today.

So we need a depth defensemen or two.

A top 6 RW hopefully Scherbak, Ghetto, or Thomas.
Another top 6 winger hopefully Lehkonen, Hudon, Bozon or Thomas
4 bottom 6 pieces from DLR, McCarron, Gregoire, Crisp, Carr, etc.

THat's a lot of promising youth for the future once we've thrown out a lotta the trash!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

I'm not sure you can just head on down and cultivate offense?
My take on his play was that he responded to team directives and earned the coaches trust.
Hopefully their is a leash that can be removed and he can go explore his Oside in Hamiliton.
He can work on playing a NA style of game in NA rinks.
Gain confidence with a good group of prospects.

I hope we see him back sooner than later because that would mean we cleaned up some of the plumbing problems on our Top 6.:help:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Well that's not what's i'm saying...I think JDLR has the size, skating ability, and decent enough hands to produce offensively in the NHL. But I don't think a successful stint in the AHL will turn him into a 30 goal man on its own

How much he produces will depend on a lot of external factors. I'm not sure sending him down to the AHL is going to cultivate his offense anymore than it would if he had made the team as an extra forward.

I agree though, no reason to rush him right now...as far as i'm concerned, with JDLR, I think he's in line to take over for Malhotra next year, but I certainly wouldn't put it past him to surprise us even more.

Can't say enough how impressed I've been with him this training camp

habitue*

Well that's not what's i'm saying...I think JDLR has the size, skating ability, and decent enough hands to produce offensively in the NHL. But I don't think a successful stint in the AHL will turn him into a 30 goal man on its own

How much he produces will depend on a lot of external factors. I'm not sure sending him down to the AHL is going to cultivate his offense anymore than it would if he had made the team as an extra forward.

I agree though, no reason to rush him right now...as far as i'm concerned, with JDLR, I think he's in line to take over for Malhotra next year, but I certainly wouldn't put it past him to surprise us even more.

Can't say enough how impressed I've been with him this training camp

The kid is really not far from NHL. But I would like to see him score a bit more goals. Right now, he looks like he will remain a third liner (a very good one) for ever and ever... Right now, he seems better tha lots of regular third liners in the league. But he should develop his offensive side a bit more and eventually play on a second line - center or LW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad