Possible Game of Thrones video game

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm totally down with an open world GOT game. It would be an opportunity to explore some of the regions that are mentioned but not seen in either the books or the show. I mean how cool would it be having an open world featuring the continents of Westeros , Essos , Sothyros and Ulthos. Being able to go and explore Asshai , Stygai , The Grey Waste , The Shadow Lands , The Summer Isles , Moraq , Valyria etc.

That would be totally awesome if done right.

I'd be very surprised if it extended beyond Westeros.

Sep 19, 2008
They already have a mod for Crusader Kings 2 which is basically a GoT video game. I'm sure playing a GoT game would help me get interested and actually watch the series for once :laugh:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
They already have a mod for Crusader Kings 2 which is basically a GoT video game. I'm sure playing a GoT game would help me get interested and actually watch the series for once :laugh:
Honestly... I started watching the first episode 3 or 4 times over a couple years and never finished.

Then I had a deal with a co-worker that we would each watch 5 episodes of something the other picked and we had to basically report on it to each other so we knew it was watched.

He chose Game of Thrones for me. I watched the rest of the series up to that point in less than a week. It went from a show I had no interest in, to something I disliked, to my favourite show ever.

Same thing happened with Lord of the Rings for me. Laughed at my mom and sister for going to see it. Ended up getting sick and mom put that on and I was too sick to care. By the end of the first movie I was PISSED that it ended on basically a cliff hanger. My favourite movie series of all time.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Unless they plan on making it an actual franchise series (Like TES or Fallout), they might as well cover everything one way or another. It would be a darn shame not to experience everything Essos has to offer from the Free Cities, to the Dothraki Sea, to the ancient ruins of Valyria, Slaver's Bay, etc.

Yeah I'm not disagreeing, just saying that working from the concept that for this to work properly the North should alone should be about the size of Skyrim, I doubt we'd get everything (Essos and the rest) in one shot.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

I was looking into this, because I was super interested, but it was like 45 bucks for the base game and then a wackload of DLC's you need to buy.

For a game that is 5+ years old that's insanely pricey.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I was looking into this, because I was super interested, but it was like 45 bucks for the base game and then a wackload of DLC's you need to buy.

For a game that is 5+ years old that's insanely pricey.

wait for a sale. ended up getting it for 29.99 and the DLC GOT Mod is free. took roughly all of 10mins to dwnld, install and play.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
wait for a sale. ended up getting it for 29.99 and the DLC GOT Mod is free. took roughly all of 10mins to dwnld, install and play.

In your opinion, is it worth it?

Does the GOT mod get boring at all? Is the replay-ability solid enough?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
In your opinion, is it worth it?

Does the GOT mod get boring at all? Is the replay-ability solid enough?

I like strategy games, so for me 30$ is worth it. I find it more complex than any Civilization game.

The mod hasn't become boring yet. you can also play as any minor to major lord, or start as king and even as a pirate lord. I have just been playing as lower lords to grasp the game as there is a lot going on and a lot to learn to become good at it.

I probably have about 12 hours or so on it and the replay-ability will be there quite a while for me. It is a complex game that takes time to learn and become good at it plus you also have the normal European mode to try as well if you get bored of the GOT mod.

im not sure if you can find a demo to try but I would do that if you can, as the base game is exactly the same game play as the GOT MOD minus the map and characters. that way you will know if it is for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad