Positivity Thread II - Now with more Cations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I think if we didn't make the playoffs last season there would be alot more positive posts this season because we are in the playoffs . Too many people take for granted that we make the playoffs and this franchise has NEVER made the playoffs 2 seasons in a row . Just getting in is a good accomplishment , just look at the Oilers , best player on the planet and they can't make the playoffs . Stay positive boys and girls , we ain't done yet . :thumbu:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
We still have this with 2 games left. Still holding out hope this team finds it's way in the nick of time, and there truly is a switch that just needs to be pulled.

Current mood:

Stay on target!.png

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Wanna know what's HUGE going into the playoffs? WE ARE HEALTHY! JoMo & Bro will be back for game #1 as planned, and I'm confident that Tanev will continue to be a warrior and be good to go after last night's slash to his hand.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We will not have to play Tampa, Calgary, or Vegas until the 3rd or 4th round if we meet.

Reactions: KingBogo

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
First Jets season that we didn’t have a tank thread started at HP boards.
If I was at the team meeting, I’ll tell the boys be proud of our standing and play hard for our final games and rest of the playoffs No turning back

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This is starting to be the only thread i want to go to :shakehead every thread is dominated by people just killing everything about the Jets . Maurice sucks , he's just stupid and shouldn't be anywhere near a NHL bench . Scheif sucks , Wheeler sucks , Jets suck ! WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS , anything can happen once the playoffs start . I can't listen to all the negativity , we are sounding like spoiled brats sometimes . It's never easy making the playoffs and if you've lived through Jets 1.0 and all the years we didn't make the playoffs during Jets 2.0 , i don't know how you can't be anything but excited that we are going to the playoffs AGAIN , 2 years in a row for the first time in the frigging HISTORY of the Jets . Rant over :laugh: GO JETS GO and bring on the WHITE-OUT !! :towel::banana:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
This is starting to be the only thread i want to go to :shakehead every thread is dominated by people just killing everything about the Jets . Maurice sucks , he's just stupid and shouldn't be anywhere near a NHL bench . Scheif sucks , Wheeler sucks , Jets suck ! WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS , anything can happen once the playoffs start . I can't listen to all the negativity , we are sounding like spoiled brats sometimes . It's never easy making the playoffs and if you've lived through Jets 1.0 and all the years we didn't make the playoffs during Jets 2.0 , i don't know how you can't be anything but excited that we are going to the playoffs AGAIN , 2 years in a row for the first time in the frigging HISTORY of the Jets . Rant over :laugh: GO JETS GO and bring on the WHITE-OUT !! :towel::banana:

I found it most fascinating that when we were up by 2 goals in an extremely important game, 90% of the posts were still bitching about some player or another. "Can you honestly say you're happy?" posts are the most mind-boggling. Like yes, having a positive correlation between "my happiness level" and "the likelihood of victory for the team I'm cheering for" is a thing that some sports fans do. Who knew? And I mean, who ever sees an ugly go-ahead goal and yawns because "cheering such haphazard play is surely counterproductive".

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I found it most fascinating that when we were up by 2 goals in an extremely important game, 90% of the posts were still *****ing about some player or another. "Can you honestly say you're happy?" posts are the most mind-boggling. Like yes, having a positive correlation between "my happiness level" and "the likelihood of victory for the team I'm cheering for" is a thing that some sports fans do. Who knew? And I mean, who ever sees an ugly go-ahead goal and yawns because "cheering such haphazard play is surely counterproductive".
The GDT during the actual game is the furthest thing from the Positivity thread imaginable. And it does not matter one bit if we are winning or losing as there is always something to be mad about. Anyways the couple dozen or so positive/optimistic/happy people around here keep me attached to this place. That and a liberal use of the ignore function :laugh:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What If....I time traveled back in time to 2012 and told you that the Jets would make the playoffs 2 years in a row and be battling for first in the Central both years, what would you think? This is amazing or that the team sucks?

If you traveled to 2019 from back then, and entered a GDT with no prior knowledge of the Jets current record, you would most likely think the Jets were still a lottery team.

Part of the problem is expectations became so sky high this year (partially fueled by that Hockey News issue), any amount of adversity is going to seem like a disaster to many fans. Same with any scoring slumps, bad stretches of play in a game etc. Only perfection is acceptable, even though it's impossible!

Maybe it's also just a sign of how society has turned into one that demands instant gratification and is losing its ability to see the overall picture. There are now so many games to consume on TV, over-analysis has become the norm and less people are able to actually just enjoy the sport for what it is and instead split hairs over EVERYTHING. More information does not actually make us smart, critical thinkers. It usually triggers irrationality because our brains were not made to absorb the glut of information they are now exposed to.

My deep thoughts for they day.

I, for one, am happy to be at the dance 2 years in a row.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What If....I time traveled back in time to 2012 and told you that the Jets would make the playoffs 2 years in a row and be battling for first in the Central both years, what would you think? This is amazing or that the team sucks?

If you traveled to 2019 from back then, and entered a GDT with no prior knowledge of the Jets current record, you would most likely think the Jets were still a lottery team.

Part of the problem is expectations became so sky high this year (partially fueled by that Hockey News issue), any amount of adversity is going to seem like a disaster to many fans. Same with any scoring slumps, bad stretches of play in a game etc. Only perfection is acceptable, even though it's impossible!

Maybe it's also just a sign of how society has turned into one that demands instant gratification and is losing its ability to see the overall picture. There are now so many games to consume on TV, over-analysis has become the norm and less people are able to actually just enjoy the sport for what it is and instead split hairs over EVERYTHING. More information does not actually make us smart, critical thinkers. It usually triggers irrationality because our brains were not made to absorb the glut of information they are now exposed to.

My deep thoughts for they day.

I, for one, am happy to be at the dance 2 years in a row.
Basically what i was saying just written alot better , you scholastic nerd . :laugh: Just kidding about the last part . ;)

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I found it most fascinating that when we were up by 2 goals in an extremely important game, 90% of the posts were still *****ing about some player or another. "Can you honestly say you're happy?" posts are the most mind-boggling. Like yes, having a positive correlation between "my happiness level" and "the likelihood of victory for the team I'm cheering for" is a thing that some sports fans do. Who knew? And I mean, who ever sees an ugly go-ahead goal and yawns because "cheering such haphazard play is surely counterproductive".

I'm the biggest and most invested sports fan I know, and even I'm saying "sit back and enjoy the ride people"

Did we forget what the first 8 years of this franchise in WPG looked like? We were the 5th team to clinch a Playoff spot this year, and in the driver's seat to win our division for the first time.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad