[Poll] Zibanejad @10M or Eichel?

Who would you rather Have?

• Zibanejad @ 10M AAV

• Eichel

Results are only viewable after voting.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
It’s Eichel quite easily but I think it’s important to note Mika isn’t getting 10 million a year

what he asks for initially and what he’ll get are two different things

I think he'll get awfully close. Low end is 8.5 - high end is 10.

If he goes to UFA then I think he's getting 9+, but maybe he reups here for 8 something.

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
Zib at 10mil doesn't cost assets and isn't a bobblehead. However, I think this is the beginning of negotiations through the media. I am thinking it will be less than that. How much less remains to be seen.

Reactions: Crease

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
Would you rather Trade for Eichel:
Strome
Chytil/Kravtsov
Jones
Robertson
1st

Or sign Mika for 7 years 8.5 ?

Last edited:

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
If we knew Eichel was healthy, it would be him. We don't know that, though.

I wouldn't hate having to pay huge money to Zibanejad but the term would be the part that's hard to swallow.

$10m? Fine, five years tops.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
the difference is the term. Eichel at 10M for 5 more years might hold that value for the remaining term.

Zib at 10M for likely 7 or 8 years, will be an over pay in the 6,7, and 8th years.

The only thing that breaks the tie for me is that: we can be out from under the Eichel contract before it gets bad.

That contract is one boarding penalty away from being bad. Maybe even 4.5 years worth of bad.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
As others have said, the point of trading quality assets is to acquire a cost-controlled star. Eichel would be just as expensive as Zibanejad, and possibly just as fragile.

Reactions: White Death 24

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
If zibby leaves i think Malkin will finish his career as a Ranger.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Couldn't agree more. Even if we didn't get Eichel I think the prudent move would be to trade Zibanejad and go in a different direction. But now you have an opportunity to get a better player, who's younger, with a similar cap hit on probably a shorter term deal. I get it, there are obvious downsides with the neck and the potential cost, but there's very obvious downsides with signing Zibanejad as well. Including the fact that his playdriving skills have been in freefall and away from Buchnevich he's been very bad. Now Buch is gone.
I think we need to start thinking proper rebuild; this "soft rebuilt" nonsense was just piss-poor management. The roster composition is very awkward, with our top players at or almost 30 and the future nowhere near its prime. Going to need to free up space to keep the young ones in a few years; returns for vets will decline as they age.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I give up. Eichel must healthy b/c who would ask these questions w/o knowing? And what did the Rangers trade to get him?

Last edited:
Reactions: CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad