POLL - Will Bowman and Q Be Back with the Hawks Next Year?

Will Stan Bowman and or Coach Q be Back with the Hawks Next Year as GM and HC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
what?? he is the GM of one of the most successful franchises of the past 2 decades in sports....you want him to lay low and be curt??? This is now a freaking issue???
no offense, but why would this be an issue ?? i mean would it be viewed as being cocky to answer these question. i mean would it appears that he is blowing his own success ??

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
no offense, but why would this be an issue ?? i mean would it be viewed as being cocky to answer these question. i mean would it appears that he is blowing his own success ??

No it wouldn't. How is this cocky? Please explain.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
No it wouldn't. How is this cocky? Please explain.
well i guess it all in the person who can interpret it, meaning many people will have a difference of opinion on everything.

i also think if someone starts to talk of the success, in this case the Bhawks and his role in this success, at face value, some can interpret it as being cocky and being arrogant and self important. while some may view it different.

another point is i guess there is really no answer and i would not have taken on that question. i would have, as it was stated before, laid low and saying it was all luck of the Irish or something to that extent.

i hope you understand my pov, the org pov is really hard to have a good answer.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
well i guess it all in the person who can interpret it, meaning many people will have a difference of opinion on everything.

i also think if someone starts to talk of the success, in this case the Bhawks and his role in this success, at face value, some can interpret it as being cocky and being arrogant and self important. while some may view it different.

another point is i guess there is really no answer and i would not have taken on that question. i would have, as it was stated before, laid low and saying it was all luck of the Irish or something to that extent.

i hope you understand my pov, the org pov is really hard to have a good answer.

Did I miss where he talks about his success?

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
I actually just saw this - are you serious? Please let us know what talent Bowman cannot evaluate?

Was it DeBrincat?

or maybe Saad in the second round??

or possibly trading up to land Nick Schmaltz??? that has to be it...

or trading away scraps for Nick Leddy?? the return for Leddy I will never ever defend...so that one is on Bowman

did he do a bad job going out and bringing in Panarin??

or drafting TT????

now that I think about it, his 6th round picks that just signed Sikura and Hillman...that must be what you are talking about right???

I have no idea anymore on here...you want to rip Bowman for any bad contracts he handed out or a few bad trades - I am all for it - but this post proves you do not follow the Hawks and should go back to lurking...

Sir, do not verbally attack me.

It is literally my first week here and I've had to deal with the system letting me lock in a duplicate username, 5 warning points for me just sharing facts and my threads being treated like a wad of gum that's been all chewed up. Been a rough week.

I am absolutely and unequivocally serious beyond a shadow of a doubt. I'm seriously one of the most serious people you will ever meet. I don't know what team you watched this year but I watched a team that struggled mightily this year because Bowman decided to bring back all his old buddies instead of bringing in fresh young faces to keep the dynasty rolling and giving our elite captain another chance to hoist the cup over his head. The only reason they didn't completely fall apart is because of our strong core, drafted by Tallon. Team has declined the last few years under his watch and most fans, including myself, as well as Tallon's core group (probably) have had enough. It's time to put someone in charge who wants to keep the winning going, not someone who just takes care of their buddies. It is for that reason I say again, Bowman must go man.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Bobby does have a point. Instead Stan could focus on the poor officiating, especially the lack of calling interference. Get rid of the football on skates mentality, like players blocking the opposition out when chasing the puck. This league needs more goals.

One reason why i have no interest outside of the Hawks. Did fans back in the day come to watch Gretzky, Mario & Savard block shots and play defense?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
giphy.gif

You made a thread about toasters...and how you bought 80 of them. Think about it, you bought 80 toasters with Toews's face on the side. 80 toasters.

Last edited:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Bobby does have a point. Instead Stan could focus on the poor officiating, especially the lack of calling interference. Get rid of the football on skates mentality, like players blocking the opposition out when chasing the puck. This league needs more goals.

One reason why i have no interest outside of the Hawks. Did fans back in the day come to watch Gretzky, Mario & Savard block shots and play defense?

What was that point exactly?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

We have no idea what was talked about in the meetings... None. Speaking of pretentious....

BTW, there's a ton of really entertaining hockey being played this year. And you don't have to look far to find it.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

It is literally my first week here and I've had to deal with the system letting me lock in a duplicate username, 5 warning points for me just sharing facts and my threads being treated like a wad of gum that's been all chewed up. Been a rough week.

I am absolutely and unequivocally serious beyond a shadow of a doubt. I'm seriously one of the most serious people you will ever meet. I don't know what team you watched this year but I watched a team that struggled mightily this year because Bowman decided to bring back all his old buddies instead of bringing in fresh young faces to keep the dynasty rolling and giving our elite captain another chance to hoist the cup over his head. The only reason they didn't completely fall apart is because of our strong core, drafted by Tallon. Team has declined the last few years under his watch and most fans, including myself, as well as Tallon's core group (probably) have had enough. It's time to put someone in charge who wants to keep the winning going, not someone who just takes care of their buddies. It is for that reason I say again, Bowman must go man.

you made an absolutely brutal post towards our GM, on a message board - then apparently expect someone to not quote it and then prove how erroneous it was?

and I am confused, where did you get verbally attacked??

sorry for your bad first week on here, my advice would be to stop making threads for now and if you want to bash the GM/coach, make sure it is for the accurate reasons.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
giphy.gif

You made a thread about toasters...and how you bought 80 of them. Think about it, you bought 80 toasters with Toews's face on the side. 80 toasters.
Not just toasters, Toewsters. They have significantly improved my quality of life. It wasn't easy as I nearly went bankrupt purchasing all of them and I can barely afford bread to put into them but it is all worth it to be able to start each and every day with a slice o bread imprinted with our elite captain's face. It really tastes like greatness.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Not just toasters, Toewsters. They have significantly improved my quality of life. It wasn't easy as I nearly went bankrupt purchasing all of them and I can barely afford bread to put into them but it is all worth it to be able to start each and every day with a slice o bread imprinted with our elite captain's face. It really tastes like greatness.

i really believe in the freedom to post at any time without consequences. however i am at a total lost with your response and the meaning. then again i may be simple minded. :cool:

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
i really believe in the freedom to post at any time without consequences. however i am at a total lost with your response and the meaning. then again i may be simple minded. :cool:
That's interesting. I consider myself a pretty straightforward guy. What, may I ask, has you so confused?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
everything and then after thinking about it, nothing.

remember i am very simple kind of a poster.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Bye.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Perhaps that is it. Lashings of apologies.
sure, i never found that to be bad. esp where poster may misconstrue, misinterpret what one writes. but i am having a really bad holiday week. so i am walking on egg shells..... this is on me.

pls do not respond, b/c i truly do not find your post worthwhile to respond to .

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
sure, i never found that to be bad. esp where poster may misconstrue, misinterpret what one writes. but i am having a really bad holiday week. so i am walking on egg shells..... this is on me.

pls do not respond, b/c i truly do not find your post worthwhile to respond to .

Okay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad