Salary Cap: Poll - Swayman Arbitration Result?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Swayman is awarded (approximately)?

• $2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.5

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • $3

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • $3.5

Votes: 78 67.2%
  • $4

Votes: 14 12.1%
  • $4.5

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • $5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
$3M, maybe slightly less than that. $4.8 is a comical ask for 1 year, IMO.
hopefully he gets $2M, the more cap space the better. there's no I in team. :thumbu:

Reactions: Ladyfan

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Precisely. And If I'm the Bruins, I'm going for the two-year deal as opposed to the one-year deal in arbitration.

Pay Swayman when Ullmark is off the books.
when do they decide if it's 1 year or 2 years? is that already determined when they submit the figures?
i know that's the team's choice.

Reactions: Blowfish

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
3.5 is perfect - 80% should be happy here but bruins & the Sway Hey kid should be

Reactions: Ladyfan

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Who is this Marco Ramius joker?

Comes across like an ignorant boob.

Like even if his parents were still in Alaska, what the hell is close to Alaska?? :laugh:
he’s got 111 followers and looks like a Felger & Mazz fan at @ them often

He comes across as a know it all so hopefully he’s found this place - we need more experts (snicker)

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
$3M on a one year deal I think. Swayman's camp (and the B's brass...) should know by now that Ullmark is an excellent tandem pair goalie and not a horse so he will get his games in and Ullmark will be a short leash in the season and playoffs if he stinks it up again (if they make it).

Would give Swayman some more leverage next year in Arb again if he can't work out a long term deal with the B's taking the reins as the new #1 and letting Ullmark either move or play out the last year as the 1b. Worst case is he puts up a decent year, get's arb rights again, and uses that to force out a trade if he doesn't think he is in the plans. He signs for 2 years and he has no leverage IMO.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
$3M on a one year deal I think. Swayman's camp (and the B's brass...) should know by now that Ullmark is an excellent tandem pair goalie and not a horse so he will get his games in and Ullmark will be a short leash in the season and playoffs if he stinks it up again (if they make it).

Would give Swayman some more leverage next year in Arb again if he can't work out a long term deal with the B's taking the reins as the new #1 and letting Ullmark either move or play out the last year as the 1b. Worst case is he puts up a decent year, get's arb rights again, and uses that to force out a trade if he doesn't think he is in the plans. He signs for 2 years and he has no leverage IMO.
If it goes to arbitration it's the team's choice on whether its a one-year or two-year deal. Swayman has no option in the matter and neither does the arbitrator. That's the risk Swayman took when he filed.

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
If it goes to arbitration it's the team's choice on whether its a one-year or two-year deal. Swayman has no option in the matter and neither does the arbitrator. That's the risk Swayman took when he filed.
Who's idea was it to file for arbitration, Swayman or his agent?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad