Poll : Silayev vs Dickinson vs Buium

Who's the most valuable LD of the 2024 Draft down the road?

• Anton Silayev

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 47 22.5%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 112 53.6%

• Total voters

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
I think you're going to find so does everyone else. They are all very different so people can like a certain aspect and justify putting them in any order.
This years draft is so crazy that from 5-15, you’re going to find wildly different versions of peoples mocks and that’s from forwards and D

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I will echo the posts above. Silayev has the least amount of sizzle, but is playing in the best league, against men. I value that a lot. Dickinson is the Goldilocks pick, and probably the safest one, even though he plays in the lowest level league. Buium impressed me every time i saw him, more so than the other two, but you've got to wonder if his game will survive the checking game of the pros, where everything gets on you faster, stronger, and smarter.

Bottom line is that I am not going to vote. My gut says Buium, my head says one of the other two .., or maybe it's the other way around.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Silayev for me. But I have him as the #2 prospect in this class and Buium as the #3. Dickinson is also great

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Buium has far and away the best offensive profile tools of the group, but defends real well too.

Silayev projects to probably be the best defensive guy of the bunch - his mobility and reach is going to kill a bunch of plays off the cycle and at the blue line. Offence seems to be almost nonexistent and you hope that develops a bit.

Dickinson is quite often touted as the “safest pick” in the draft, but he hasn’t defended all that well in my viewings and the offence seems to rely on a big shot and solid straightaway skating.

If I’m choosing between the three, Buium is easily my favourite. If I’m picking top 10 in the draft, I’m looking for a guy that has legit upside in both sides of the puck.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

Lion13

May 7, 2024
I can’t figure out how to vote in the poll.
But my vote is for buium and as a hawks fan he’s my hope for the pick @ 2 overall.
I think Dickinson will be a very good nhl dman, and silalyev I look at as a wildcard, could be a chara or could be a myers.
Buium I see becoming a true #1,2 way top of the league type of guy and imo will be the best dman of this draft class

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
1. Buium
2. Dickinson
3. Yakemchuk
4. Levshunov
5. Silayev
6. Parekh

Out of curiosity, how do you think Buium or Dickinson would have performed in the KHL this past year?
It was the MHL playoffs that were a bit worrying. Granted, he was likely pretty worn out. Them again, I’m not so sure it’s a given Silayev could’ve performed so well as Buium in the NCAA tournament. That’s high level hockey without many teenagers.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
1. Buium
2. Dickinson
3. Yakemchuk
4. Levshunov
5. Silayev
6. Parekh

It was the MHL playoffs that were a bit worrying. Granted, he was likely pretty worn out. Them again, I’m not so sure it’s a given Silayev could’ve performed so well as Buium in the NCAA tournament. That’s high level hockey without many teenagers.
Here's how I think they'll actually be drafted:
Levshunov/Silayev (in either order)
Dickinson/Buium (in either order)
Parekh/Yakemchuk (in either order)

Reactions: kihei

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I will echo the posts above. Silayev has the least amount of sizzle, but is playing in the best league, against men. I value that a lot. Dickinson is the Goldilocks pick, and probably the safest one, even though he plays in the lowest level league. Buium impressed me every time i saw him, more so than the other two, but you've got to wonder if his game will survive the checking game of the pros, where everything gets on you faster, stronger, and smarter.

Bottom line is that I am not going to vote. My gut says Buium, my head says one of the other two .., or maybe it's the other way around.
Excellent post and I'll add that it's easier to project potential for forwards than Dmen which complicates things but man some really interesting Dman prospects this draft and a good mix of players as well.

1. Buium
2. Dickinson
3. Yakemchuk
4. Levshunov
5. Silayev
6. Parekh

I'd be really surprised if Levshunov is the 4th Dman picked, some team is going to think he is still raw and look at his package/potential and I think he might be the first Dman selected.

DemiGod

GoHawks
Jul 20, 2022
1. Dickinson
2. Buium
3. Silayev

Dickinson and Buium are my second and third defense in the Draft, only behind Yakemchuk.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Would you take him with a top 10 pick in hindsight? I wouldn't.
MacKinnon, Barkov, Jones, Lindholm, Monahan, Nurse, Horvat, Nichushkin, Morrissey, Pulock, Theodore, Jarry, Lehkonen, Bertuzzi, Pesce, Buchnevich, Guentzel, Verhaeghe, Bjorkstrand, Saros, Paul, Copp, Weegar

Went through the 2013 draft and those are the 23 names I had above him, so no. But the 2013 draft was amazing. Most drafts are like half as good. Cut that number in half and we’re talking about 11.5 better. If you told me I could get Zadorov at 10 with some upside to be better I think the percentage play is to take it.

Reactions: Dionysus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad