Poll: Do you want Boston or Toronto to win?

Who are you rooting for?

• Boston

Votes: 265 78.2%
  • Toronto

Votes: 74 21.8%

• Total voters

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
There is no scenario where I could ever root for the Boston Bruins to win anything at all.

I don't even consider the Maple Leafs a rival of the Canadiens. To be a rival, I have to hate your team because of the battles fought.

The Leafs have been a punchline for a huge chunk of my life and were never a threat to the Canadiens or their success. In my entire life, the Leafs have beaten the Canadiens in the playoffs three times.

I don't mean three series, I mean they have won three playoff games against Montreal. In my life.

They aren't rivals. But the Bruins, the Bruins and Canadiens have been locked in playoff battles my entire life. And they've been great. And I've had to watch the sting of seeing the Bruins win, and not just win the series, but win a Cup, and got to multiple Cup finals, you know, like a good, successful team.

Screw the Bruins. Go Leafs go.

This is exactly how I feel as well.

That said, not sad about the Leafs being down 3-1.

But F*** the Bruins Forever!

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
As much as I hate the Leafs and their fans, I want Canadian teams to do well, followed by orginal 6 teams, follwed by northern US teams. I simply can’t bare teams like Florida, TB, Vegas and Carolina where taxes are low, every players want to play there and as soon as they don’t do well, they lose money and richer nothern teams need to help them financially.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't get why Leaf fans keep crowding Maple Leaf Place when all we're going to get are images like these. Not that anyone is complaining about it on this forum.

XW7iJVZ.jpg

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I don't get why Leaf fans keep crowding Maple Leaf Place when all we're going to get are images like these. Not that anyone is complaining about it on this forum.

XW7iJVZ.jpg
That's humiliating, I mean as much I could hate Leafs fans, I don't want to get that far in laughting of them. As a french would say, Çé michant ça! çé michant en criss st'image là!

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
you realize though that if boston bows out in round one, then their 'perfect' era will be a bust and forgotten. I'm so glad their regular season was ruined last year, but in the history books a record setting year followed up by a cup the next year makes them too memorable. No way do I want to hear about the scum bruins being a legendary team of the modern era blah blah blah

Leafs can lose in rd2
if Boston loses in round 2 (or 3, for that mater) there will be no legendary team of the modern era to speak of; and a leafs' adois in the 1st round, yet again, after fig nation thinking they had slayed that dragon, would lend itself to much hilarity.

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022

XW7iJVZ.jpg
So that's what the art sculpture on McGill College Ave. represents - been trying to figure out it meant all this time. Thanks for illuminating me.

Attachments

• 4756361.jpg
    4756361.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 1

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Cheering for Boston. Why? I consider Boston our bigger rival, we just have not played the Leafs enough when it matters to develop that rivalry.

I guess it comes down to which franchise I respect more- that is the bruins. It was easy when Bergeron was there but as much of a Rat has Marchand is I would take him on my team any day over the prima donnas down the 401. Add in the Cdn media's fawning over everything Leafs and its an easy choice. Its fun to see Leafs fans/media cope with the annual letdown and within a couple of months its back to plan next yrs parade.

Also, Ottawa has the bruins pick by way of det this year - let it be in the 29-31 range.
If I may say so, I feel the exact same way. Any hockey fan who knows anything of NHL history MUST respect the Canadiens’ achievements and legion of hockey titans. I can never “like” the Habs, but at least as far as I’m concerned, I see them as an ‘honorable enemy’ of sorts.

Besides… I have a soft spot for you Habs fans. My father’s father was born in Quebec, and my family has deep roots in the province. I think of a line from an ‘80s cold war movie when a Russian colonel is speaking to a captive American: “to me you are a comrade, similar to myself. Just opposed by an act of fate.”

Had I been born up there, I might be one of you. Then again, I might have been a Bruins fan anyway. Who knows? But blood is thicker than water, as they say.

Toronto reminds me of New York too much. And I f***ing HATE New York. The Leafs, their fans, and their media are a nuisance to us. Very hard to respect that whole “thing” they have going on.
I do like a number of posters on your board....Leaf board ...well they are a bit nuts.

I thought the Bs would have a bad year. If they make it past round 1, I will be happy.
I second this.
As an aside, always been impressed by the heightened sense of community on your forum. Posters seem to genuinely care for one another, something you don’t often see on this site as a whole.
We are definitely a tribe unto ourselves. There are a couple of posters there that have become personal friends of mine, and my life is definitely richer for it.
I’ve also posted there many times and my interactions were positive and cordial.
Decent people are always welcome.
However, best for non-Bruin fans to steer clear of your GDTs. :laugh:

Welcome once again to our forum and best wishes.
Right back atcha.
Of things that can’t be unseen. :eek2:

Oh, man.

Concrete evidence that these are indeed strange times we’re living in.

Last edited:

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I really have no particular emotion for Toronto, the team AND the fanbase. A bunch of crybabies that haven't done anything good in the playoffs in decades.

Boston is a real rival, I've seen the Habs whoop their asses in the playoffs a bunch of time, but the for past 10-15 years they came out ahead and that's fine. They've had a great front office overall, managed their roster beautifully, and good for them. I have tons of respect for what they're doing.

I can't wait until we destroy them, but for now, Go Boston Go. These guys are gamers.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
after game 2 they were planning the Parade in Toronto, talking about the character win and wicked offense. LOL

Suck it Ontario, suck it leaf fans

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I know some fans say there’s not many hateful players on the Bruins anymore, other than the Rat, but my hate goes back so far. While a player like Bob Sweeney came later in my formative years of Bruin hate, I mean, how can any self respecting Habs fan not want to punch this face with this ridiculous grin?

IMG_0813.jpeg

I used to get legit mad whenever i saw this hockey card while sifting through my collection. Whenever anyone asks about what I hate about the Bruins, somehow, THIS picture is always the first thing I remember.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Boston fans at least know their history. They're a real fanbase.

Ask Toronto fans about their team's history and it's Silence Radio. A pathetic fanbase in every way.

I'm rooting for Boston all the way.

I would like to see all Canadian teams do well but Leafs falling on their face again is also entertaining. Imagine, only 1 playoff series win with that core over 8 years. Brutal.

Bruins are not beating the Panthers so it's a win/win situation for me.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
This is exactly how I feel as well.

That said, not sad about the Leafs being down 3-1.

But F*** the Bruins Forever!
I originally hoped Toronto would win, but I'm warming to the idea of watching them lose once again in the 1st-round. I guess I'm a sucker for tradition.

• Haha
Reactions: rfournier103

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I want both teams to suffer, but seeing Boston lose is only fun when it’s against us. A leafs first round choke is fun to watch any time, any place, but seeing whatever team beat the Bruins doesn’t do much for me.
There is no scenario where I could ever root for the Boston Bruins to win anything at all.

I don't even consider the Maple Leafs a rival of the Canadiens. To be a rival, I have to hate your team because of the battles fought.

The Leafs have been a punchline for a huge chunk of my life and were never a threat to the Canadiens or their success. In my entire life, the Leafs have beaten the Canadiens in the playoffs three times.

I don't mean three series, I mean they have won three playoff games against Montreal. In my life.

They aren't rivals. But the Bruins, the Bruins and Canadiens have been locked in playoff battles my entire life. And they've been great. And I've had to watch the sting of seeing the Bruins win, and not just win the series, but win a Cup, and go to multiple Cup finals, you know, like a good, successful team.

Screw the Bruins. Go Leafs go.

Oddly enough, this is almost entirely why I don't mind the Bruins winning. Just a top notch organization that is impossible not to respect at this point. That they have only one championship to show for it isn't representative of how good they've been.

I don't have much of anything against the Leafs but watching them croak early every season is just too fun much at this point. The Leafs board on sunday morning was a must read.

Reactions: InglewoodJack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad