GDT: PO Game 2: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 4/14 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I'll be watching from section 220 along with Howitzer and a few others. Let's hope it goes well. Still debating a jersey...Hartnell, Dubinsky or Shelly...or Wright or Tugnutt??

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Aside from pretty much everything, my new favorite thing to hate in Pittsburgh is that horrible 3 burst airhorn they do every 2 mins for a "Lets go Pens!" chant. Seriously considering watching on mute tonight.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Aside from pretty much everything, my new favorite thing to hate in Pittsburgh is that horrible 3 burst airhorn they do every 2 mins for a "Lets go Pens!" chant. Seriously considering watching on mute tonight.

Outside of their crying every time some one looks at one of their players wrong it's the only way to get them to make noise.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'll be watching from section 220 along with Howitzer and a few others. Let's hope it goes well. Still debating a jersey...Hartnell, Dubinsky or Shelly...or Wright or Tugnutt??

If you're an airtime seeker, then Shelly is the obvious choice.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Based on a limited sample size, the regular season stats suggest our best defenders of the four available are Nutivaara and Harrington. You basically throw out Gabe's stats because it's been two games. Also, because it's been two (meaningless) games, you probably DON'T START HIM IN THE PLAYOFFS unless he's world's better than the other three (he's not).

Now, if you're of the mindset that you don't throw a 20-year old rookie who's been in North America for two weeks into the playoff fire, the stats back up that a Harrington-Nutivaara was the best in the regular season, followed by Quincey-Nutivaara. Point being, all the stats back up Nutivaara being the #5 Dman right now with Murray out. Plug whoever you want in with him.

Unless he's injured, there's really no justification for not playing Nuti.

No justification? Nuti is a puckmover with a great shot. If the Pens have the puck though, he's about the last guy you want defending them. Nuti doesn't handle speed well. That's not a problem against every team. But it is against the Pens. I remember the game against the Wings when AA and Larkin were taking turns burning Nuti.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
No justification? Nuti is a puckmover with a great shot. If the Pens have the puck though, he's about the last guy you want defending them. Nuti doesn't handle speed well. That's not a problem against every team. But it is against the Pens. I remember the game against the Wings when AA and Larkin were taking turns burning Nuti.

Funny, we played the Pens 4 times and Nuti played in 3 of those games. If his speed was an issue why didn't we plug in Harrington for him in the regular season?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011

You've got to go Dubinsky just to get the boo-birds going. :yo:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Funny, we played the Pens 4 times and Nuti played in 3 of those games. If his speed was an issue why didn't we plug in Harrington for him in the regular season?

Towards the end of the year they played Harry more and more and Nuti less. There's also room for education in the regular season - maybe Nuti needs to learn how to manage faster attackers so you throw him in the fire.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I hope we score more than one goal against those punks.

(Gotta try something different. Started that with about 10 games left in the regular season)

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Somebody has put up $500,000 in vCash for the Blue Jackets to win tonight's game. The payoff would be like 1.6/1

Check it out in the vBookie Forum. Biggest wager I've ever seen put up. AINEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad