GDT: PO # 6 | Penguins at FLYERS | Sun., April 22, 2018, 3:00 p.m. ET | NBC, CBC, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodu58

Nov 12, 2017
Most of our playoff losses have gone Flyers start out strong, but Penguins score late in first, then Flyers give up

Gotta show some resilience for once. Getting some decent reffing couldnt hurt. When you do get those PPs you gotta score

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Most of our playoff losses have gone Flyers start out strong, but Penguins score late in first, then Flyers give up

Gotta show some resilience for once. Getting some decent reffing couldnt hurt. When you do get those PPs you gotta score
Yeah, in pretty much all our 3 losses the team started strong then Elliott let in 1-2 softies and the team basically quit. I mean, I can even understand it. It has to be so deflating playing in front of the worst goalie of the playoffs, knowing every shot against may be a goal.

That's why I have still faith in this team if Neuvirth is in goal. They always play well in front of him. They seem to trust him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, in pretty much all our 3 losses the team started strong then Elliott let in 1-2 softies and the team basically quit. I mean, I can even understand it. It has to be so deflating playing in front of the worst goalie of the playoffs, knowing every shot against may be a goal.

That's why I have still faith in this team if Neuvirth is in goal. They always play well in front of him. They seem to trust him.

Actually, it's been that way all season, as long as the goalies are decent, not great but competent, they can play with anyone.
But when the goalies are bad, this team struggles, not because of heart but because they just don't have the talent to win up tempo, shoot out games, and when your goalie puts you in a hole, that's what you have to do.

The playoffs have revealed the core of players Ron is building around, Patrick, Couts, Provorov.
And that's a pretty solid trio.

TK, Sanheim, Lindblom, lots of promise but they're not quite ready to play with the big boys. Like the kids on the way, they'll need to grow into their bodies and their potential. But I don't see the same promise as from the key three.

Ghost, Giroux and Voracek can provide support, but they're not good enough to carry this team, after two playoff series that's become obvious.
So to me, they're worth keeping, but also worth listening to offers.

Simmonds is expendable. Hasn't scored a goal in his last 11 PO games.
The rest, just bodies.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Actually, it's been that way all season, as long as the goalies are decent, not great but competent, they can play with anyone.
But when the goalies are bad, this team struggles, not because of heart but because they just don't have the talent to win up tempo, shoot out games, and when your goalie puts you in a hole, that's what you have to do.

The playoffs have revealed the core of players Ron is building around, Patrick, Couts, Provorov.
And that's a pretty solid trio.

TK, Sanheim, Lindblom, lots of promise but they're not quite ready to play with the big boys. Like the kids on the way, they'll need to grow into their bodies and their potential. But I don't see the same promise as from the key three.

Ghost, Giroux and Voracek can provide support, but they're not good enough to carry this team, after two playoff series that's become obvious.
So to me, they're worth keeping, but also worth listening to offers.

Simmonds is expendable. Hasn't scored a goal in his last 11 PO games.
The rest, just bodies.
I think it's a little disrespectful to call Giroux "support". He just had a 100+ points season. :laugh:

He still is the franchise player after all.

Reactions: Rebels57

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Sullivan will make adjustments. Hakstol went see the adjustments coming. We will lose.

If Hakstol was actually proactive they might have a shot, but he's not and there are no more tomorrows in an elimination game.

yup and nevy has to show up the next two games which i doubt because it happened to elliot in game 2 and he crumbled the next game, too much inconsistent goaltending, they are getting outplayed in all the games even in the games they won because of fluke goals, posts, and pittsburgh just didnt want to shoot the puck, i expect pittsburgh to win the series.

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think it's a little disrespectful to call Giroux "support". He just had a 100+ points season. :laugh:

He’s mad that Giroux is getting so much credit for carrying the team to the playoffs so he’s trying to knock him down as much as possible.

Literally every post he makes is designed to defend Hakstol in some way.

It’s pathetic and transparent.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

The last two playoff series have exposed him as a player who can be shut down if you put speedy forecheckers on him and hound him.
Giroux is neither big nor fast, he's smart, quick and agile, but needs some room to work his magic.
So to me he's a support player in the sense he needs a center like Couts and other help to excel.

At 30, Giroux isn't a building block for the future, he can be a veteran mentor, but not a key player going forward.
The object isn't to win the regular season, but build a team to win a Cup.
The big three will anchor any future Cup winner, the key will be to surround them with good talent.

Reactions: hatcher

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
It’s embedded in them.
It's really a legitimate cultural thing with them. "Hey that's the way it's done." Yes, it is, but there's supposed to be some part of you that has a problem with it.

Sidney Crosby has singularly ensured that part was wiped out for a whole generation of fans.

Reactions: TheKingPin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark