Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Sens: I hate this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Shame on the Pens.

The Pens dominated at even strength, but you have to score more then 1 goal against the worst defensive team in the league.

No excuse for not scoring more then 1 goal against that team.

If Horny comes back next game i hope Sully sits Rust and keeps JSD in the lineup.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
I understand the frustration of having lost, but I'm going to call straight up bull ****ing **** on the "Geno had NOBODY to play with at all. Sheahan is the worst." You flat out did not watch one ****ing minute of this game if that is your honest to god opinion. That line had plenty of zone time and quite a few scoring opportunities. Sheahan has been rough this year no doubt and he's certainly not a top 6 wing but he was not an issue tonight. He did just fine with Pearson and Geno.

Take a walk.

Sheahan and Pearson are worst than Fedotenko and Talbot. That’s all that need to be said. They are shitty offensive players and Malkin can’t do it all on his own

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Shame on the Pens.

The Pens dominated at even strength, but you have to score more then 1 goal against the worst defensive team in the league.

No excuse for not scoring more then 1 goal against that team.

If Horny comes back next game i hope Sully sits Rust and keeps JSD in the lineup.

I mean, the excuse is Andersen played a hell of a game.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
i really don't know what the Pens should do. does it make more sense to trade more players away or fire coaches?

Reactions: Angrrus

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Is it just me, correct me if I’m wrong but It is like this team only has hustle for the easy lazy pieces of ice they have not battle for the hard up hill pieces. From top to bottom they just seem to me want to take the path well traveled.

Reactions: Angrrus and BHD

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
So true. How do you dominate possession like that and not get even penalties?

Oh, because Letang yaps so the zebras won’t call it when he gets elbowed, slew footed, and tripped.
Chicken and egg thing. Doubt he’d yap if they’d call half the shit.

Reactions: Turin and KIRK

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
You're supposed to maintain possession in 3 on 3 OT. Jake decided to go on a solo rush and try to take the defender on 1 on 1 by putting it into his skates? He's not Crosby or McDavid. Lo and behold, we lose the puck, and ultimately the game.

It's just stupid. Circle the perimeter (while shielding the puck) and wait for your mates to catch up, or peel off altogether until the line change is completed. Jake is supposed to be a smart player. Come on man.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Geno deserves some blame for jumping early.

It's 3 on 3. He sees Guentzel skating hard towards the Pens blueline. He assumes Jake will keep skating, so he turns to jump on. Second he does this, Jake starts a slow glide. As I said, they showed this entire sequence on replay 3-4 times. If you can't trust Jake to keep skating there, then you should never trust him or assume that he'll skate hard to the bench . . . and you only should change once you see he reaches the bench.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
He had a bad 10-15 minutes leading into that **** up.
Oh I’m not saying he was shifting well it’s just the dude does so many things right most of the time he is rarely on the list of complaints... tonight it’s almost like he wanted to check every box in the wrong category and at the top of that list was that change.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Chicken and egg thing. Doubt he’d yap if they’d call half the ****.

Believe me.

It’s like the Letang “puts himself in bad positions” argument for his injuries. Nearly every one of his concussions has been an absolutely dirty play.

What the Sens were allowed to get away with on him tonight was just BS and looked exactly like the playoff series against them.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
What? There is four guys on the ice. It is 3v3. Malkin touched the puck while Jake is on the ice.
Guentzel wasn't apart of the play and was headed toward the bench. Though him dogging it made room for what i believe to be a BS call. I disagree with your assessment of the play. People can disagree man

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This roster ain't gonna cut it. Not on paper, not on the ice.

JR needs to pull a few rabbits out of his hat soon.

Not much else to say.

We need a winger for Geno, healthy forwards, and a defensive partner for Riikola until Schultz returns. We need to launch Maatta and Oleksiak into outer space (Oleksiak because even though it should be Johnson, it won't be).

Two moves . . . and then you need to count on Sully being a competent bench boss and remembering how to adjust.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Guentzel wasn't apart of the play and was headed toward the bench. Though him dogging it made room for what i believe to be a BS call. I disagree with your assessment of the play. People can disagree man

I just mean, there is no assessment. It is black and white.

If Geno was just around the puck it’s different. But he was playing the puck with Jake on the ice.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
When we had prime scoring chances we just couldn't finish and in addition we took some bad penalties, the last one sunk us. I feel bad for Desmith, he deserved a better outcome. Sheahan with Malkin? I felt bad for Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad