Confirmed with Link: PLD TRADED TO WASHINGTON for Darcy Kuemper

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
aintnoway.gif

wow

that ain't a pretty contract to take back but it's a whole lot better than 7 years of PLD

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I mean this is a wonderful trade but without context. Kings have lost so much and even with PLD now gone it just reaffirms that there was nothing of value to be gained from that trade anymore. I dont know how Blake has survived giving up Vilardi ETC for Kuemper essentially. If anything this confirms how shortsighted Blake is/was.

Kings are a bottomless pit of nothingness and this trade saves the future but at what accumulative cost is the real question.

Just pure insanity. How Blake survives all this with the amount of self inflicted wounds he causes this organization at such a steep price is unbelievable. Maybe the Kings will have byfield playing center now and Danault on the 3rd line or something.

I hope they dont sign Roy please get that f***ing loser away from this team.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Oh, that’s why I specified the building. Kuemper is at least better goalie, but he could either continue to be off the deep end, or marginally improve, which he did do the first time.
You did... its just hard to believe *anyone* could be on board... back to your point re the overall organization.. there is something extremely off about the way things happen within LAK org. Like the 1-3-1 being dictated from above... acquiring PLD in the first place (cough Brisson) - I think its unprecedented that a player that signs an 8 yr deal gets traded after the 1st year.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
3 years of Kuemper at $5.25m is obviously better but what a f***ing shit show. Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari, and a first for f***ing Kuemper.

This never won't be a terrible way of looking at trades. Same with looking at who a team drafted with a traded draft pick. Trade a 5th rd pick, you traded a 5th rd pick, not the guy taken with the pick.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Glad he got out of Pld, but Gabe and durzi now becomes a goalie on the downside of his career. Like I said glad he moved PLD but Blake's asset management of late has been awful

Reactions: JJDrums

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
you know what's crazy? he apparently couldn't trade kaliyev last season but was somehow able to find a partner for this colossal contract?
Makes me think Washington hasnt bothered to make use of their capfriendly acquisition. But more seriously it probably points to Kuemper being washed.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
3 years of Kuemper at $5.25m is obviously better but what a f***ing shit show. Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari, and a first for f***ing Kuemper.
Its even more than that. Kings had Kuemper in his prime and basically gave him away for free to sign Cal Petersen.
So its Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari, Durzi, Walker, Grans, 2nd round pick, and paying salary retention to Columbus for Provorov all to end up back at square one with Kuemper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad