Playoffs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Playoffs?

• Yes

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 98 66.7%

• Total voters

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Guys (and gals).....

We have a sneaky good team. Like playoff caliber team. Adding Dach and Laine to last years core, will have a compounding effect. They bring their own offence to the table, but also free time and space for our other players, instantly lessening the pressure on guys who led us last year. Slaf is a God damn beast. Suzuki is steady eddy. Caufield is the forgotten man with 40 goal potential. We have players looking to prove themselves for new contacts....Dvorak and Armia. And, we have young guns trying to establish themselves in Newhook and Roy. Add in two underappreciated guys who are paid far too much.....Gally and Power Donkey, who in my humble opinion are pretty damn good bottom of the lineup guys, and we have the fixings for something special up front.

On D we have youthful exuberance in Hutson. A reliable young workhorse in Guhle. Matheson and Savard providing veteran leadership and two hungry young bucks in Xhekaj and Barron being pushed by Struble, Mailloux and Reinbacher.

Monty kept us in so many games last year. So many games that we lost by only one goal. He has the potential with a solid team in front of him, to be a top 12ish goalie in the league. Things will be flipped this year, and we are primed to do some serious damage.

Lastly, we have a coach who understands offensive hockey. We are so accustomed to having very little offence on our team, that we can barely comprehend having a PPG player. We have three legitimate players this year, that can do it, or already have. While most likely this all happens next year....I have a sneaky feeling that we explode this year.

What say you? Playoffs or no?

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
giphy.gif

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I believe they'll fight for it. I don't expect them to get in but I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak in.

I don't think it's a bottom dwelling team anymore. That said, progression of young players is not linear so we never know, some may shit the bed this year.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I believe they fight for it. I don't expect them to get in but I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak in.

I don't think it's a bottom dwelling team anymore. That said, progression of young players is not linear so we never know, some may shit the bed this year.
"progression of young players is not linear so we never know, some may shit the bed this year."

TRUE

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I think it comes down to whether they can get good Goaltending, stay healthy and the young D making good strides.

They have as good a chance as Ottawa, Buffalo, Detroit. Those teams are not noticeably better.

I think the top 3 spot in our division are totally out of reach for now.

They are now in the same melting pot as those 3 teams you mentioned plus Pittsburgh, Washington, NYI, and Philly. I think only one those teams will make the PO, maybe two if another team is hit ny the injury bug hard. The odds are not in our favor but there's still a small chance if everything goes well.

Reactions: Tyson

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think they will be wild card competitive but be out of the race in March. Much better than the previous December/January

Reactions: HabsQC

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Top-5 PP upcoming this season.

Unless there’s a longterm season ending injury to core players (like Dach last season), I would be shocked if Habs aren’t in the wildcard hunt into last week of season.

- Make Beliefs & Bruins did not improve this off-season

- Fla’s played a lot of hockey last 2-seasons which increases injury probability

- I have no faith in Det, Sens, Buf of reaching their potential - they are overrated roster constructions

Habs lost how many 1G games last year and how many in 3-on-3 OT? 17-25 in 1G GP & 10-16 in OT

90-pts has high probability of attainment

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
I don’t know if we’ll make the playoffs but I know this season will be exciting with Dach, Hutson and Laine in the lineup.

Xhekaj, Suzuki, Slaf , Caufield , Matheson and Ghule were already entertaining. It just adds up .

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
i guess if a lot of things go right for us we could squeeze in there - hell, would make it into the 2nd round if we run into the Leafs

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
If Laine and Dach stay healthy, they will earn the final spot, a bottom spot but a spot nonetheless. Now come TDL, HuGo better start thinking of re-tooling the bottom six. Gallagher, Anderson, Dvo, Armia, Pezzetta doesn't do it no more.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
We won’t make the playoff be will be in the race a bit longer, than again WSH made it last year and PHI and DET were in it all the way to the end and I never expected them to be to be that close… so if Laine, Dach and one of the RD step up we could very well be in it…
I don’t think anyone will be mad if we don’t make it all we want is progress and cashing in on our rentals or player that are here long term to go into next season with even more hope.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Jim Lahey GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

There is a shit force coming @Gaylord Q Tinkledink ! A force of shit unlike any force this shitty league has ever seen. You better wear your shit glasses my friend because your going to witness something special this year!
Well, if it isn't Mr. Stupidity-Head that's f***ing pissin' me off right now and thinks he's the captain of the shit-liner and by the way your fish sticks suck !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad