Playoff predictions

From Up Top

Apr 30, 2010
Niagara will keep the trend of wrapping up their series on home ice with a series win in game 6.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
So 3 out 4 but none are exact. Gives me 8 out of 12.
Niag 7 - think Ned will be the difference
London - 7 - think Parson is just a little better and they will want it more after last year.
Both picks right but nobody picked 2 sweeps. Gives me 10 out of 14.
Both these teams are good but nobody cycles like London, nobody clogs the middle like London, Nobody passes or anticipates passes like London. You can sense my pick here.
London in 6

I will throw out my "but if" here - If Niag can win game 1 in London then they have a shot. To me the series will be won or lost in Game 1.
I'm not a London fan but I dislike Marty Williams more. I just hope it is good hockey - nobody gets hurt and it goes a little longer than 4 games. Whoever wins will represent the league well in Red Deer.

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
I doubt it Ice Dogs have never been swept in their playoff history and they are 12 and 1

The first point is completely irrelevant; the second is less convincing when you consider London is... 12-2, and against stronger competition.

Niagara can definitely win this, though I don't think they should. Gotta go the safe bet with London in 5-6... I'll say 6. Typically I don't like picking teams to close out series on the road, but London's been great away from the Bud this postseason.

Anything from Niagara in 6 to London in 4 wouldn't surprise me, though. This Niagara run is so weird it feels like Marc Staal should be involved.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
1/2 last round, 11/14 now.

No question the Knights and the Ice Dogs are the two best teams in the league right now. So much talent in this series. Knights have the edge offensively, Ice Dogs have the edge on defense (though the Knights defense was excellent last series). Goaltending is as close to a toss up as it gets between Ned and Parsons. Just something about the way this Knights team is playing right now, gotta go with them.

Knights in six.

Memorial Cup will be Red Deer (host), Brandon (WHL), London (OHL), and Rouyn-Noranda (QMJHL).

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Niagara is a team that has been built specifically for this year and are finally playing like the pre season favorites they were. Goaltending, defence and depth wins championships, Niagara in 6.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
London in 5.
Just for old times sake....
First game to Niagara in 2OT, then London runs the table :)

Both teams are rolling.
For Niagara, Ned and a couple big physical ( play on the edge ) Fs might cause London some issues.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
London was my pick going into the playoffs; but, Niagara made quick work of more difficult opposition in two teams constructed to win this year. Niagara in five.

Mayday3*

I was thinking May Day was saying the Knights would win three and the Dogs four. I doubt it will take the Dogs that long:handclap:

You thought wrong. London wins the first 3, Niagara won't showup for game 4 out of pure embarrassment and that's how the series ends

three dog night

May 3, 2014
You thought wrong. London wins the first 3, Niagara won't showup for game 4 out of pure embarrassment and that's how the series ends

Sorry will not happen the Knight have never won at the Meridiain Centre yet and the Ice Dogs are too deep to be swept.

lazyboy

Sponsor
May 24, 2010
Wallaceburg, Ontario
12 for 14 so far after a couple wrong picks early on in round 1. I'll say that the final round will be a good one but i expected the last 2 to be better than they were as well. Niagara is the hot hand since the beginning of the year so i'm riding them to the finals, especially with Ned stealing games like he is. Shutting down (or at least slowing down) the knights 1st line is key. The early loss of Perlini does them no favours but i'm going with the Dogs in 6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad