Prediction Contest: Playoff Edition: Round 1: Game 5: Avalanche @ Jets: Tuesday, April 30th, 2024: 8:30pm CDT

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Last game: Winnipeg Jets 1 - Colorado Avalanche 5 - Artturi Lehkonen scored first.

Ten HFJets posters picked the correct team to win and earned one point each.

One HFJets posters picked the correct team and score and earned two extra points: @Jets4Life

One HFJets posters picked Artturi Lehkonen to score the first goal of the game and earned an extra three points: @Bigfish

Congratulations to all,

Here's how you are awarded points:

1 point: correct winning team
2 points: correct final score and winning team
3 points: player to score first goal of game
BONUS 2 POINTS: all 3 above correct

LEADERBOARD

R 1 – G 4
WPG 1 @ COL 5
TOTAL POINTS
Artturi Lehkonen
8​
4​
4​
3​
3​
1​
3​
1​
2​
1​
2​
1​
2​
0​
2​
1​
2​
1​
2​
0​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
1​
1​
1​
0​
1​
1​
1​
0​
1​
1​
0​
@GNP
1​
0​
1​
1​
1​
1​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
1​
0​
1​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
1​
1​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
1​
1​
0​
1​
0​
@UFO
1​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​

If you think I miscalculated, just let me know. Now on to the predictions for the Winnipeg Jets vs. Colorado Avalanche: Game Five...

giphy.gif

And don't forget to get your posts in before the puck drop for them to count...

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
For those making predictions....

When facing elimination, the Jets 2.0 have this record

2015 : 2-5L ANA
2018: 5-1W NAS / 2-1L VGK
2019: 2-3L STL
2020: 0-4L CAL
2021: 2-3L MON
2023: 1-4L VGK

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
Mm let's go.. Jets.

Perfetti scores first.

Jets win 4-3 in OT-2.

Colorado is leading late, the season looks like it's over. Jets somehow manage to tie it late in the 3rd, sending the game to extra time. Imagine who you want to scoring that goal (it's important to give a bit of creative leeway to the reader). The goal gives the defeated Jets faithful a shot of adrenaline. They go wild, but not for long. This equalizer pisses off Nasty Nathan and his band of demons. The Avalanche come out like their name suggests, they pummel down on the Jets in almost every facet of the game except having nicer hair. Somehow the boys weather the Colorado onslaught for the entirety of the extra frame.

The horn blows to end the period and temporarily releases the Jets players from their torment. The zamboni wheels out to clean the ice. It's looking grim. White towels are being waved with the enthusiasm of a white flag on the battlefield. People are still eating and drinking in the concourse but their eyes are glazed over. Their smiles have been lost. Surely this OT won't end like it did against Vegas, last year? Sadly dear reader, it was looking that way.

In the second frame, Cale Makar attempts to break out of his zone and rush into the Jets end. He's looking calm and collected, sure of his own supremacy. "I'll deke out their entire team and win the game single handedly. Then I'll glide by the net, jump into the air, extending my body horizontally mid flight. That's sure to impress Mr. Galley!" he thinks to himself.

As he's about to cross the opposing blue line, the puck that had clung to his stick like a baby Kangaskhan to it's mother, inexplicably bobbles. Cale Makar has lost the puck! Even more curious, it begins to defy the laws of physics and begins sliding the other way! It's picking up speed and heading right towards Alexandar Georgiyevich, who despite letting in three goals, has had himself a relatively easy night. So easy in fact, that instead of focusing on the developing play, Alexander Georgiyevich is giddily working out the logistics of owning a Bulgarian Dragon. "Playoffs bonus coming, certainly. Also, Cup ring. Georgiyevich would sell on black market and maybe even buy two Dragon. Keep in tunnels under Denver Airport. Plan is perfect."

The puck is nearly at his net before he notices. In a panic, he sprawls out to stop it. It's too late. The puck hops over his pad and into the net. Canada Life Centre erupts. A raucous scene of beer spilling, high fiving, lung draining pandemonium. The Avalanche are stunned. Gary Galley stops sniffing his Cale Makar rookie card and throws it to the floor of the press box in disgust. He realizes then and there his Bobby Orr comparisons have been asinine. Number 4 would have never screwed up like that.

Amidst the scenes of jubilation, an eagle eyed Kevin Cheveldayoff notices a hulking man standing in the entrance of the upper bowl. It's Dustin Byfuglien. In his hand is an Ugly Stik GX2 fishing rod with a Daiwa BG spinning reel. The very same rod Kevin had sent him a week prior, after making a phone call to apologize for how things ended with the Jets. Attached to the rod was fishing line, which he was dangling near his cheek. Hooked to the end of the line was a hockey puck. The one that had just helped the Jets win game 5. 30 pound test. Big Buff grinned a hearty, toothless grin, then crudely applied lipstick to his lips. He waved at Kevin, then turned and walked out of the rink. "Man, I'm glad I called that guy!" Kevin said with relief.

The Jets went on to win the series and the Stanley Cup that summer. Mark Stone was injured in the playoffs and was put back on LTIR. Fortunately, he recovered in time for game 1 of the playoffs the following season.

Fin.

Last edited:

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
I'd better predict something so that I don't end with 0... Avs win 4-2, KFC. If this happens, I'll be very disappointed, but at least I won't be dead last... 😆

It's really my own fault for missing the prediction deadline in game 1, which was the gimme game for optimists.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Mm let's go.. Jets.

Perfetti scores first.

Jets win 4-3 in OT-2.

Colorado is leading late, the season looks like it's over. Jets somehow manage to tie it late in the 3rd, sending the game to extra time. Imagine who you want to scoring that goal (it's important to give a bit of creative leeway to the reader). The goal gives the defeated Jets faithful a shot of adrenaline. They go wild, but not for long. This equalizer pisses off Nasty Nathan and his band of demons. The Avalanche come out like their name suggests, they pummel down on the Jets in almost every facet of the game except having nicer hair. Somehow the boys weather the Colorado onslaught for the entirety of the extra frame.

The horn blows to end the period and temporarily releases the Jets players from their torment. The zamboni wheels out to clean the ice. It's looking grim. White towels are being waved with the enthusiasm of a white flag on the battlefield. People are still eating and drinking in the concourse but their eyes are glazed over. Their smiles have been lost. Surely this OT won't end like it did against Vegas, last year? Sadly dear reader, it was looking that way.

In the second frame, Cale Makar attempts to break out of his zone and rush into the Jets end. He's looking calm and collected, sure of his own supremacy. "I'll deke out their entire team and win the game single handedly. Then I'll glide by the net, jump into the air, extending my body horizontally mid flight. That's sure to impress Mr. Galley!" he thinks to himself.

As he's about to cross the opposing blue line, the puck that had clung to his stick like a baby Kangaskhan to it's mother, inexplicably bobbles. Cale Makar has lost the puck! Even more curious, it begins to defy the laws of physics and begins sliding the other way! It's picking up speed and heading right towards Alexandar Georgiyevich, who despite letting in three goals, has had himself a relatively easy night. So easy in fact, that instead of focusing on the developing play, Alexander Georgiyevich is giddily working out the logistics of owning a Bulgarian Dragon. "Playoffs bonus coming, certainly. Also, Cup ring. Georgiyevich would sell on black market and maybe even buy two Dragon. Keep in tunnels under Denver Airport. Plan is perfect."

The puck is nearly at his net before he notices. In a panic, he sprawls out to stop it. It's too late. The puck hops over his pad and into the net. Canada Life Centre erupts. A raucous scene of beer spilling, high fiving, lung draining pandemonium. The Avalanche are stunned. Gary Galley stops sniffing his Cale Makar rookie card and throws it to the floor of the press box in disgust. He realizes then and there his Bobby Orr comparisons have been asinine. Number 4 would have never screwed up like that.

Amidst the scenes of jubilation, an eagle eyed Kevin Cheveldayoff notices a hulking man standing in the entrance of the upper bowl. It's Dustin Byfuglien. In his hand is an Ugly Stik GX2 fishing rod with a Daiwa BG spinning reel. The very same rod Kevin had sent him a week prior, after making a phone call to apologize for how things ended with the Jets. Attached to the rod was fishing line, which he was dangling near his cheek. Hooked to the end of the line was a hockey puck. The one that had just helped the Jets win game 5. 30 pound test. Big Buff grinned a hearty, toothless grin, then crudely applied lipstick to his lips. He waved at Kevin, then turned and walked out of the rink. "Man, I'm glad I called that guy!" Kevin said with relief.

The Jets went on to win the series and the Stanley Cup that summer. Mark Stone was injured in the playoffs and was put back on LTIR. Fortunately, he recovered in time for game 1 of the playoffs the following season.

Fin.

Jesus, that’s a long ass way of telling us your prediction …… :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark