Playerunknown's battleground

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Thanks guys. I was worried games would last 1+ hours. I don't really have time for that stuff anymore lol. 30 mins I can manage.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
That's definitely the way to do it. Getting comfortable in close quarters combat and learning how each weapon functions is key to winning later on. You can loot faster and know exactly what you're looking for because you know what you're comfortable with. It also allows you to win the early game a bit easier if you're familiar with every gun. If I'm not in a pressure situation there are certain weapons I just pass completely and won't ever pick up (like the tommy gun). But I still know how it works so if I need it on a particular drop I have a fighting chance.

The one set of weapons you can't do the quick drops with are the care package crates. You should spend some time speeding to them in a vehicle and grabbing what you can so you can familiarize yourself with those as well. Nothing worse than getting an AWM or Groza and not being familiar with the shooting patterns.

Depends completely upon the game and how quickly you die. They can last literally 30 seconds if you don't survive your first encounter or they can last ~20-30 minutes if you get a chicken dinner.
I definitely feel myself getting better now, I'm getting at least a kill or two a game. And still usually getting into the top 30-40 pretty easily.

And as to the guy asking about time it really depends on how you play. I try to drop into the hot spots (big towns, shelter, school, prison, etc because that's where all the best loot usually is located. But because everyone else goes there it can make for a really short game, but the first time you go there and kill everyone that drops around you and you get all that really nice equipment you'll be hooked. It's such a good feeling after getting lit up so many times before

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I definitely feel myself getting better now, I'm getting at least a kill or two a game. And still usually getting into the top 30-40 pretty easily.

And as to the guy asking about time it really depends on how you play. I try to drop into the hot spots (big towns, shelter, school, prison, etc because that's where all the best loot usually is located. But because everyone else goes there it can make for a really short game, but the first time you go there and kill everyone that drops around you and you get all that really nice equipment you'll be hooked. It's such a good feeling after getting lit up so many times before

I don't find that the school or prison have particularly good loot, it's mostly things you can find elsewhere. The school has two advantages for going there. First is that it's centrally located on the map, so if the circle happens to be in a weird spot you don't have to run very far to get into the play zone. Second is that it's quick to loot because of how it's laid out, plus the amount of people that drop there means that if you win the fight they have likely done all the looting for you. You can then move on to the next place pretty quickly.

The prison is a place I absolutely avoid. I don't find the loot particularly good and it's a death trap. Every other location on the map (that I can think of) allows for an escape if something goes south. The Prison is walled in by cliffs and offers no such emergency plan. It's kill or be killed. I've done pretty well in squads and duos landing nearby and getting a gun or two and waiting for the winner of the prison fight to come towards the entrance, just to pop them a few times and walk away with all the loot (from a much better tactical position).

They're great if you're looking for action right off the bat.

Best places that are relatively safe that I like to drop at are Severny and the Mansion. Kind of off the beaten track a little bit, but decently high loot that can be gathered relatively quickly. Biggest issue with landing at either spot is that if there isn't a vehicle, you might be in a little bit of trouble.

Do you ever land at the military base? If you win the fight at the barracks, you end up with so much gear you don't need to loot for the rest of the game.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I don't find that the school or prison have particularly good loot, it's mostly things you can find elsewhere. The school has two advantages for going there. First is that it's centrally located on the map, so if the circle happens to be in a weird spot you don't have to run very far to get into the play zone. Second is that it's quick to loot because of how it's laid out, plus the amount of people that drop there means that if you win the fight they have likely done all the looting for you. You can then move on to the next place pretty quickly.

The prison is a place I absolutely avoid. I don't find the loot particularly good and it's a death trap. Every other location on the map (that I can think of) allows for an escape if something goes south. The Prison is walled in by cliffs and offers no such emergency plan. It's kill or be killed. I've done pretty well in squads and duos landing nearby and getting a gun or two and waiting for the winner of the prison fight to come towards the entrance, just to pop them a few times and walk away with all the loot (from a much better tactical position).

They're great if you're looking for action right off the bat.

Best places that are relatively safe that I like to drop at are Severny and the Mansion. Kind of off the beaten track a little bit, but decently high loot that can be gathered relatively quickly. Biggest issue with landing at either spot is that if there isn't a vehicle, you might be in a little bit of trouble.

Do you ever land at the military base? If you win the fight at the barracks, you end up with so much gear you don't need to loot for the rest of the game.
My go to has been the shelter, usually only a couple people if you don't fly directly over it and I'm constantly finding level two packs and vests as well as scars and m4s and once I have those basics and everyone around me is taken care of I'll go to a house or two nearby for whatever leftover stuff that I need and then go try to find some action to get into and usually get myself killed doing something I shouldn't lol.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Love to drop in George and Novo. Plenty of houses to get looted up and kill the guys climbing all over the crates for absolutely no reason. The crates at each location suck.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Those containers and warehouses are always bound to have some really great gear. Yasnaya & south George are my two most dropped places. Followed by school apartments.

I never drop the crates. Always further west in the actual city. Usually there's less people and more loot.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So going back to the island where you start out is a complete waste of time. I went there just to see, and right after I started looking for loot I thought to check for a dock or boats.. Or anything.... And there's Jack shit. So after wasting majority of that life swimming back I f***ed myself over and was killed by the play zone in the second round

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
So going back to the island where you start out is a complete waste of time. I went there just to see, and right after I started looking for loot I thought to check for a dock or boats.. Or anything.... And there's Jack ****. So after wasting majority of that life swimming back I ****ed myself over and was killed by the play zone in the second round

It's the ultimate slow play move. You need to land on the shore, find a boat, drive over there and hope the boat has enough gas or there is a gas can. Sometimes you'll find an AR or something, but usually there isn't too many good items there. It just provides you with a minute or two with uninterrupted looting where you don't have to worry much.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So going back to the island where you start out is a complete waste of time. I went there just to see, and right after I started looking for loot I thought to check for a dock or boats.. Or anything.... And there's Jack ****. So after wasting majority of that life swimming back I ****ed myself over and was killed by the play zone in the second round

It's like a smaller military base. Like @PK Cronin said, you gotta land on the shore and find a boat to get there, but then you can find some good stuff there usually if you look in the buildings, not on the picnic tables. I mean, it's probably not worth it unless the circle is on the northeast corner of the map, but hey, it's fun to do once or twice.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Spawn Island is worthless now since they added Kameshki. the loot drops are quadrant based, and they added Kameshki to help out the north-east quarter of the map and in the process ruined spawn island.

I went there maybe 10 times after the change and found diddly-squat whereas before the change I went there all the time and was finding enough gear for a duo easily and sometimes a squad

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Final 20 and three of us left in a squad. My friend is driving a jeep full speed towards the circle and gets kicked from the game. Jeep keeps going full speed and were like ....what do we do. Other guy jumps out and goes down immediately.... next the Jeep hits a fence or something and goes rolling like three times and I'm able to get out without taking much damage but I'm out of circle. I start hauling ass towards the circle again on foot and out of the corner of my eye it's my deadstick friend still driving the jeep at full speed going back towards the circle. He runs over a guy and nearly takes me out again before I die seconds from it.... It was hilarious.

as far as drop points for good stash it's really random to me. Obviously the more buildings the better. Won a game dropping at the prison twice and nobody else was there and we didn't have to move until the two final circles.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I never drop the crates. Always further west in the actual city. Usually there's less people and more loot.

The apartments near the hospital are really underrated. I've noticed an uptick in traffic at that location recently on the PC, but it's still a great spot.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Don't level 3 helmets automatically save you from an Insta-kill headshot no matter how much health the helmet has left? Thought I heard that somewhere.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Seriously???
Is surviving headshots normal in this game? I would hope not.

It depends on your helmet and the gun used. Here

That was 6 months ago, but it's generally still very similar to that.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Finished 2nd last night in solo, I was so mad at myself because I hesitated and it was enough to cause me to lose.

There were three of us and someone popped smoke and when that happened the other guy got up ran over and killed the one who popped the smoke. Meanwhile I'm laying flat in the middle of the field just watching this guy crawl around and for some reason I'm like why don't I just lob a grenade in his path, that makes sense. Literally as soon as I toss it he pops up and obliterates me.

Dumbest decision ever :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad