Players you remember absolutely nothing about (or, who was Steve Poapst)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hot Water Bottle

Aug 26, 2010
This is a great thread idea!

My candidate is Jaroslav Pouzar. Surely he can't be real... I was an Ontario '80s kid and how the F could I have never heard of an actual Oilers dynasty member?

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009

My candidate is Jaroslav Pouzar. Surely he can't be real... I was an Ontario '80s kid and how the F could I have never heard of an actual Oilers dynasty member?
That's a great one. I made an poster one time that was essentially a Sankey diagram of what happened to the Oilers (they all gathered in New York, LA, more of them in Buffalo and Toronto than you think...) and I had a games played cutoff of something like 150 games between 1983 and 1988 or something like that, and that was the one guy that made me do a double take.

So Pouzar is on the pouster (which I have somewhere, but not handy to me), although he doesn't do anything interesting, just fattens up the Oilers area between 1983-87 by one row. More interesting to look at are guys like Napier and Semenko, who start elsewhere and join, and guys like Coffey and Kurri who weave all over the the place once the 90s hit.

Now try to pronounce "Pouzar"

Last edited:

Staniowski

Jan 13, 2018
The Maritimes

That's a great one. I made an poster one time that was essentially a Sankey diagram of what happened to the Oilers (they all gathered in New York, LA, more of them in Buffalo and Toronto than you think...) and I had a games played cutoff of something like 150 games between 1983 and 1988 or something like that, and that was the one guy that made me do a double take.

So Pouzar is on the pouster (which I have somewhere, but not handy to me), although he doesn't do anything interesting, just fattens up the Oilers area between 1983-87 by one row. More interesting to look at are guys like Napier and Semenko, who start elsewhere and join, and guys like Coffey and Kurri who weave all over the the place once the 90s hit.

Now try to pronounce "Pouzar"
Many of these examples just come down to how old you are, and when you started watching hockey. Pouzar was a very well-known hockey player, a fixture on Team Czechoslovakia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad