Speculation: Players who might be traded to avoid waivers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
One of Andre Pedan and Phil Larsen will be exposed to waivers or traded. I believe the Canucks have a plan to keep Juolevi in the NHL this season.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Sven Andrighetto for the Habs but I really hope they'll keep him. He has good offensive upsides and if given the chance, will surprise a lot of people.

Unfortunately, I don't think the organization have faith in him like I do... I would actually do something like Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto and Radulov - Plekanec - Gallagher to balance things out and be able to still have a decent third line (Carr - Danault - Shaw)!

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Dallas has Oleksiak and Nemeth. I would like to see one go. Apparently Nill got offers for Nemeth at the deadline last year and had no interest in trading him so I guess Oleksiak would be the one. However with little play over the last couple year I'm starting to think he might just clear if he were sent down

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
One of Andre Pedan and Phil Larsen will be exposed to waivers or traded. I believe the Canucks have a plan to keep Juolevi in the NHL this season.

Was not thrilled when the isles traded Pedan to Van.
The return was nothing at all.
Would be great to get him back . Always thought if given the chance he had that " Chara" factor.
Chara was very awkward when he first began his career.
Anyway there is no spot . He would need an NHL spot and Mayfield is in the same situation..
What might have been .

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Was not thrilled when the isles traded Pedan to Van.
The return was nothing at all.
Would be great to get him back . Always thought if given the chance he had that " Chara" factor.
Chara was very awkward when he first began his career.
Anyway there is no spot . He would need an NHL spot and Mayfield is in the same situation..
What might have been .

He's got a decent set of tools for sure its the tool box that's been in question. He handles the puck like a grenade anytime under pressure, but he can skate pretty damn well. He never really excelled in any way here or in Utica. It was his willingness to get dirty and mean that gained him a chance as the Canucks defence didn't have a single push back last year, Pedan brings that in spades.
But his age size and potential of being a decent #6 if he learns to play a smart Aaron Rome style of defence. IMHO he passes through waivers and is #2 on call up chart.
At the very least with Larsen is he's showed he can play meaningful pro games and is familiar with NHL hockey and its speed.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Is he a complete bust? What went wrong?

He probably needs a fresh start. A combo of really unlucky injuries, no development of any puck skills and not getting any opportunity as even a bottom pairing guy. He's a good defensive D at the AHL level, a team might give him a chance to see if he's more. Don't see much chance he makes the team and don't think he makes it through waivers so a trade is likely.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Stanislav galiev

Please please please Montreal take a flyer on him!

He deserves a chance in the top 6 kid has a lot of talent.

Washington is too stacked they should just trade him to Montreal for a draft pick ;)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Please please please Montreal take a flyer on him!

He deserves a chance in the top 6 kid has a lot of talent.

Washington is too stacked they should just trade him to Montreal for a draft pick ;)

If Montreal is offering a 4th for him, Washington should absolutely take it.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
He's got a decent set of tools for sure its the tool box that's been in question. He handles the puck like a grenade anytime under pressure, but he can skate pretty damn well. He never really excelled in any way here or in Utica. It was his willingness to get dirty and mean that gained him a chance as the Canucks defence didn't have a single push back last year, Pedan brings that in spades.
But his age size and potential of being a decent #6 if he learns to play a smart Aaron Rome style of defence. IMHO he passes through waivers and is #2 on call up chart.
At the very least with Larsen is he's showed he can play meaningful pro games and is familiar with NHL hockey and its speed.

Thanks for the progression update

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Sven Andrighetto for the Habs but I really hope they'll keep him. He has good offensive upsides and if given the chance, will surprise a lot of people.

Unfortunately, I don't think the organization have faith in him like I do... I would actually do something like Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto and Radulov - Plekanec - Gallagher to balance things out and be able to still have a decent third line (Carr - Danault - Shaw)!

Pretty sure Andrighetto is gonna make the team, at least as an extra forward.
...Steffan Matteau looks like the oddman out, and even he could make the team if the Habs decide to carry 14 forwards. Should be between him and Chris Terry, who also have to go through waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad