Players/prospect in your team's organization that you will write off if they don't perform this season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
The big name Sharks prospects are so young that they're all going to become all-stars.

The ones that it's probably time to establish in the big club or move them out: Gushchin and Thomas Bordeleau. Both small, skilled wingers who haven't established and haven't shown the ability to play defensively or down lineup if they aren't scoring.

Honorable mention for some: Shakir Mukhamadullin. I think most people would give him another year marinating in the A, but a lot of folks have high hopes for him to establish in the NHL this year. If he isn't able to, maybe the outlook is ... Shaki(e)r... :cool: YEEEAAAAAAAHHHH

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
For the Jets, it's 2021 first round pick Lucius. He has missed huge chunks of 4 consecutive seasons including his draft year. If he misses let's say more than 20 - 25 games this year with the Manitoba Moose I will pretty much consider him a write-off even if he plays well in those 50ish games. Too fragile to play at a pro level. If he does manage to play the bulk of the season, I would also need to see some good production...something better than .70 pts/game. Anything less than that and I probably won't consider him likely to be an NHL quality forward.

Some have already written him off which is fair. I will give him one more season.

Reactions: byrath

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I don't know why hab fans are saying Mesar. Dude is 20 and it's first year in the A.

Sean Farrell is a good choice. It's his 2nd AHL season, but given his age he should do better be closer to .75 ppg.

Justin Barron if he can't get a spot. I don't know if the Rangers need RHD, but if he and Kakko are struggling might be a swap there, or some other forward in a similar spot.

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
For the Flames I think the only guy who we'd write off is Pelletier. If he has a mediocre year but at least stays healthy for the year I think that'd be a success, but if he can't play at least 50+ games in the NHL this year, I think that's it for him as a Flame. I don't think most of us expect a huge offensive output, but if he can produce like Zary did last year then at least there's some progress.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs entering 'back to Europe' territory as they seem to be peaking at the AHL level

Blumel
Jenik
Rousek
Skarek
Zboril
Kral

Everyone not highlighted

1727659982535.png

All need to at least get a 'cup of coffee' in the NHL this year as they are running out of time. Some are already back in Europe. You'd think something would stick. Dobes is on track. Svozil is getting a bit concerning but I still think he eventually makes it.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I think it's actually Ville Heinola for the Jets. Injuries have screwed him pretty badly, and he's injured now. If he doesn't make an NHL impact this year, I don't think he ever will.

UED

May 2, 2021
None of them because they're all amazing and deserving of as many chances as we can give them

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I mean Albert Johansson and Jonatan Berggren either make the NHL roster or get waived/traded..
Assuming they make the roster, they either force their way into the regular lineup or end up waived/traded..
So yeah, last chance for those two in the Wings organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad