Player Reaction To A Cancelled Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Lunatic

Chelios is already going nuts, how do you think they are going to act once the season is officially cancelled and they realise all that money was flushed down the toilet?

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
agreed.
:lol: :lol:
have fun riding the buses around boys. wouldnt it be nice if there was a league you could play in and make hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of dollars AND ride in planes?

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
it's just all so ridiculous. reality doesn't appear to be part of their mindset.

chris chelios can lick my bag. i always hated him as a player but only because he was so good at what he did. now i really can't stand him, and that goes for a lot of players including chris pronger and robert esche.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
You'll all be back once the NHL resumes whenever that may be. I bet 95% of the people who are saying "F the players im never watching again" will be watching their favourite teams first game back cheering em on.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
PeterSidorkiewicz said:
You'll all be back once the NHL resumes whenever that may be. I bet 95% of the people who are saying "F the players im never watching again" will be watching their favourite teams first game back cheering em on.
you dont seems to understand !!
we love Hockey ... I love my team and whoever play hockey or for my team get respect .. but these player dont care anymore for the LOVE of hockey or the team .. they just want more CASH ...
they can go **** themselves with their money !!
we cannot understand how NHL player are stupid (well .. now i understand)
and just cannot understand what they are doing by killing their game!
PATHETHIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Say whatever you want... you can go lick goodenow balls if you want too...
but NHL players lost lots of respect in that Lock-Out ... and it will be hard for them to get it back !!
If you do care about hockey you wanna see parity all over the league ... heck i would be happy to see the blue jackets win the cup !!
I dont want to see another MLB with 3 teams that can win the WS ...

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
It would be great to see. This whole process has gone on as long as it has because the players clearly don't believe that the owners will cancel the season, and will cave in before that. Even now, the frustration is of the "why the !@#$ won't they give in!!".

Seeing the look on their faces would just be so great. At this point, I'll get more joy out of that, than I would a short bastardised season.

bhawk24bob

Jan 25, 2005
why does it always have to come back to the players?

how about the owners?

how will they feel?

how will they feel knowing that anybody with half of a brain that sees what's not in the levitt report is going to say that the owners are full of bs?

i know, most of you wont care. you're just going to be too busy blaming the players because youre afraid your precious 'small market' teams claim they're on the verge of extinction.

Crazy Lunatic

PeterSidorkiewicz said:

And the owners know that. Which is why they can wait these short-sighted bums out for 2 whole years if needed.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Kryoptix said:
we love Hockey ... I love my team and whoever play hockey or for my team get respect .. but these player dont care anymore for the LOVE of hockey or the team .. they just want more CASH ...
but NHL players lost lots of respect in that Lock-Out ... and it will be hard for them to get it back !!
If you do care about hockey you wanna see parity all over the league ... heck i would be happy to see the blue jackets win the cup !!

The money and position have also allowed him to help others. In his rookie year, he bought a Corel Centre luxury box which hosts sick and terminally ill children from the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario and their guests. Wade's World allows the kids to watch a live game and enjoy snacks, beverages and autographed memorabilia.

Wade received the "You Made a Difference Award" on November 20, 1997 for his contribution to the community with "Wade's World." His parents accepted the award on his behalf since he had to attend a practice.

Iginla takes an active role in all programs that the Calgary Flames offer to the community. Most notably, he has been a spokesperson for the team’s Reading …Give it a Shot Program during the past six seasons. As spokesperson, Iginla is involved with photo shoots and PSAs to help promote the program and visits schools during the season to speak to students on the importance of reading. Iginla also supports KidSport Calgary. The organization assists children from low-income families so they can participate in sports, including hockey. With each goal Iginla scores he donates $1,000 to KidSport Calgary. His generosity has provided more than 1,500 underprivileged children with the opportunity to participate in sport since the program was founded during the 2000-01 season.

Having a history of Diabetes in his family, Iginla wanted to help find a cure for the disease and is doing so by assisting the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation of Calgary. Two years ago, he was named JDRF Honorary Special Events Chair and was recently named the presenter of its annual golf tournament. He has also supported JDRF by attending their awareness month launch and by participating in their Walk for a Cure event.

Throughout his career with the Red Wings, McCarty has been hailed by many as a true hero and role model, unselfishly donating his time and efforts to the Detroit community. In 1997, the three-time Stanley Cup Champion established the McCarty Cancer Foundation to assist in the battle against multiple myeloma, an incurable cancer of the bone that took his father's life in 1999. He created the McCarty Cancer Foundation both as a Father's Day gift to his late father, Craig, and to aid in funding research to fight the disease. Under Darren McCarty's direction, the foundation has raised more than $3 million in research grants.

In addition to his hands-on role with his foundation, the 31-year-old is an active participant in Red Wings team charitable initiatives, including the organization's annual charity softball game, which benefits Ilitch Charities for Children, which pits the Red Wings against the Detroit Tigers. Last summer, he also served as one of the celebrity spokesmen for the First Annual Ride for the Team motorcycle rally to benefit Ilitch Charities for Children and several Michigan law-enforcement charities, raising $60,000 for the charity. McCarty serves as team spokesperson for Motor City Mitten Madness, an annual clothing drive benefiting the homeless and victims of frostbite.

In his first season as team captain of the Coyotes, Doan still found the time to be involved with numerous charities and community service endeavors. The nine-year NHL veteran remained steadfast in his commitment to the Arizona community by doing great work with many organizations including United Blood Services, Phoenix Children’s Hospital and Phoenix Rescue Mission.

I could keep going with a ton of other players who help the community and seem pretty unselfish to me. So before you go and trash these guys why don't you see that they probably do a lot more in the community than we would ever do. And obviously you see it EVERY year come playoff time how bad these guys have passion for the sport and want to win. I don't know about you but the last NHL lockout didnt stop me from watching and this one sure as hell wont either.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
bhawk24bob said:

how about the owners?

how will they feel?

how will they feel knowing that anybody with half of a brain that sees what's not in the levitt report is going to say that the owners are full of bs?

i know, most of you wont care. you're just going to be too busy blaming the players because youre afraid your precious 'small market' teams claim they're on the verge of extinction.

Considering you are the one in the miniscule minority here, maybe you have a half a brain, or less. You'd fit in just nicely with the sheep of the NHLPA. :dunce:

SuperNintendoChalmrs

Jun 28, 2002
Buffalo
PeterSidorkiewicz said:

Nope. If attention to the league/teams have been dwindling for the past few years.....(for me anyway).....what exactly brings anyone back? The players and owners may have a few wrapped around their finger, but certainly casual fans probably forgot the word "hockey". I am ambivalent about returning or watching the games. I resent what is occurring right now, and am so tired of anything the players have to say. It gets to the point where you just don't give a crap anymore.

They want to try and throw together some illegitimate 20 game season? So, what happened to all the talk about improving the on-ice product??????? Is Brandon Schnezznahan going to have another "Summit"???

:shakehead :lol :joker:

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
PeterSidorkiewicz said:
The money and position have also allowed him to help others. In his rookie year, he bought a Corel Centre luxury box which hosts sick and terminally ill children from the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario and their guests. Wade's World allows the kids to watch a live game and enjoy snacks, beverages and autographed memorabilia.

Wade received the "You Made a Difference Award" on November 20, 1997 for his contribution to the community with "Wade's World." His parents accepted the award on his behalf since he had to attend a practice.

Iginla takes an active role in all programs that the Calgary Flames offer to the community. Most notably, he has been a spokesperson for the team’s Reading …Give it a Shot Program during the past six seasons. As spokesperson, Iginla is involved with photo shoots and PSAs to help promote the program and visits schools during the season to speak to students on the importance of reading. Iginla also supports KidSport Calgary. The organization assists children from low-income families so they can participate in sports, including hockey. With each goal Iginla scores he donates $1,000 to KidSport Calgary. His generosity has provided more than 1,500 underprivileged children with the opportunity to participate in sport since the program was founded during the 2000-01 season.

Having a history of Diabetes in his family, Iginla wanted to help find a cure for the disease and is doing so by assisting the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation of Calgary. Two years ago, he was named JDRF Honorary Special Events Chair and was recently named the presenter of its annual golf tournament. He has also supported JDRF by attending their awareness month launch and by participating in their Walk for a Cure event.

Throughout his career with the Red Wings, McCarty has been hailed by many as a true hero and role model, unselfishly donating his time and efforts to the Detroit community. In 1997, the three-time Stanley Cup Champion established the McCarty Cancer Foundation to assist in the battle against multiple myeloma, an incurable cancer of the bone that took his father's life in 1999. He created the McCarty Cancer Foundation both as a Father's Day gift to his late father, Craig, and to aid in funding research to fight the disease. Under Darren McCarty's direction, the foundation has raised more than $3 million in research grants.

In addition to his hands-on role with his foundation, the 31-year-old is an active participant in Red Wings team charitable initiatives, including the organization's annual charity softball game, which benefits Ilitch Charities for Children, which pits the Red Wings against the Detroit Tigers. Last summer, he also served as one of the celebrity spokesmen for the First Annual Ride for the Team motorcycle rally to benefit Ilitch Charities for Children and several Michigan law-enforcement charities, raising $60,000 for the charity. McCarty serves as team spokesperson for Motor City Mitten Madness, an annual clothing drive benefiting the homeless and victims of frostbite.

In his first season as team captain of the Coyotes, Doan still found the time to be involved with numerous charities and community service endeavors. The nine-year NHL veteran remained steadfast in his commitment to the Arizona community by doing great work with many organizations including United Blood Services, Phoenix Children’s Hospital and Phoenix Rescue Mission.

I could keep going with a ton of other players who help the community and seem pretty unselfish to me. So before you go and trash these guys why don't you see that they probably do a lot more in the community than we would ever do. And obviously you see it EVERY year come playoff time how bad these guys have passion for the sport and want to win. I don't know about you but the last NHL lockout didnt stop me from watching and this one sure as hell wont either.
wow ... I almost cry !!!
that still don't explain me why they can't accept to play the game!

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
SuperNintendoChalmrs said:
Nope. If attention to the league/teams have been dwindling for the past few years.....(for me anyway).....what exactly brings anyone back? The players and owners may have a few wrapped around their finger, but certainly casual fans probably forgot the word "hockey". I am ambivalent about returning or watching the games. I resent what is occurring right now, and am so tired of anything the players have to say. It gets to the point where you just don't give a crap anymore.

They want to try and throw together some illegitimate 20 game season? So, what happened to all the talk about improving the on-ice product??????? Is Brandon Schnezznahan going to have another "Summit"???

:shakehead :lol :joker:

When the NHL does resume, please be sure to comeback and state that you arent watching the NHL at all, not one game. And hopefully you'll be honest and telling the truth when you say this.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Kryoptix said:
wow ... I almost cry !!!
that still don't explain me why they can't accept to play the game!

Why cant the owners accept to play the game? Sorry but its not 100% the players fault here no matter HOW much you want to believe it is. It takes two to tango.

SuperNintendoChalmrs

Jun 28, 2002
Buffalo
PeterSidorkiewicz said:
When the NHL does resume, please be sure to comeback and state that you arent watching the NHL at all, not one game. And hopefully you'll be honest and telling the truth when you say this.

Sure thing......I'll get back to you in.......let's say September of 2006......if there is still a site here at that point.

:help: :dunno: :dunce:

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Kryoptix said:

:yo:

Couldn't have said it better myself, Linden claims a luxury tax would work - because ''it works in baseball''. Well guess what Trevor, it doesn't work in baseball! Only 5 teams have a shot in hell of winning the world series! Real leagues the NFL and NBA have salary caps, get over it.

Kryptopix said it best; Domi, Esche, Linden, Damphousse, Pronger, McCabe - they can all **** themselves.

bhawk24bob

Jan 25, 2005
ryz said:
Considering you are the one in the miniscule minority here, maybe you have a half a brain, or less. You'd fit in just nicely with the sheep of the NHLPA. :dunce:

care to explain to me why concessions, parking, and SKYBOX revenue dont get included under 'revenue' for a lot of teams?

care to tell me how the nhl can propose a salary floor, but there are teams that were crying poor before the lockout that were below it? remember, revenue sharing was not an option.

until you or anybody else can explain either of these to me, none of your complaints that the owners are losing money and the players are out of touch have any validity what so ever. you probably wont though since 95% of the people on this board have some kind of personal vendetta against the players that i dont even care to understand.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
World Series Winners- 2000 Yankees, 2001 Diamondbacks, 2002 Angels, 2003 Marlins, 2004 Red Sox. As the Patriots go for 3 superbowls in 4 years with the hard cap.

Nah no parity there in baseball. Oh and also the NHL luxury tax would not even resembles Baseballs luxury tax so why even compare the two. No one on earth can prove a luxury tax with some teeth to it would fail cause no one has a crystal ball.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
PeterSidorkiewicz said:
World Series Winners- 2000 Yankees, 2001 Diamondbacks, 2002 Angels, 2003 Marlins, 2004 Red Sox. As the Patriots go for 3 superbowls in 4 years with the hard cap.

Nah no parity there in baseball. Oh and also the NHL luxury tax would not even resembles Baseballs luxury tax so why even compare the two. No one on earth can prove a luxury tax with some teeth to it would fail cause no one has a crystal ball.

The luxury doesn't work, its simple. There are over a dozen teams in baseball that dont have a chance to win.

SuperNintendoChalmrs

Jun 28, 2002
Buffalo
bhawk24bob said:
care to explain to me why concessions, parking, and SKYBOX revenue dont get included under 'revenue' for a lot of teams?

care to tell me how the nhl can propose a salary floor, but there are teams that were crying poor before the lockout that were below it? remember, revenue sharing was not an option.

until you or anybody else can explain either of these to me, none of your complaints that the owners are losing money and the players are out of touch have any validity what so ever. you probably wont though since 95% of the people on this board have some kind of personal vendetta against the players that i dont even care to understand.

Speaking of vendettas.......is it possible you might have a vendetta against the owners because Bill Worstz runs the hockey team you follow?

Crazy Lunatic

PecaFan said:
It would be great to see. This whole process has gone on as long as it has because the players clearly don't believe that the owners will cancel the season, and will cave in before that. Even now, the frustration is of the "why the !@#$ won't they give in!!".

Seeing the look on their faces would just be so great. At this point, I'll get more joy out of that, than I would a short bastardised season.

Well said. I love seeing all the October tough guys turning into February cry babies. Yzerman even admitted that he "thought the owners would give in by now, but apparently they are not". He was pissed off because they didn't cave in like last time. :lol

I agree completely with you. Even up to last week, I was hoping for a season but I want to see how these bums react to being layed off for 2 solid years that they can never get back all because they refused to be reasonable. I still can't get over their 20 cent tax on payrolls over 50 million. :shakehead

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
monster_bertuzzi said:
The luxury doesn't work, its simple. There are over a dozen teams in baseball that dont have a chance to win.

Ummmmm Didnt I just say you cant compare hockey and baseball? The luxury tax in hockey would be way different seeing how it would be set at a reasonable payroll while baseballs is so high only the yankees go over it. But I guess people don't like to read.

wazee

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
bhawk24bob said:

how about the owners?

how will they feel?

If the players are so certain the owners financial reports are full of bs, why are they so reluctant to take a look at them...or to negotiate with the owners to jointly appoint someone to audit the revenue streams.

Seems to me the NHLPA is afraid they will find the owners are really losing money...

SuperNintendoChalmrs

Jun 28, 2002
Buffalo
PeterSidorkiewicz said:

The Spankees have about a 200 million dollar payroll.....the Pittsburgh Pirates and KC Royals are somewhere in the 15 million range.

Maybe Badenow wants to like his idol, MLBPA Prez Don Fehr. Fehr is nuts......so is Badenow. Bootlegger Selig much like Hillary Bettman. I can see why hockey wants to follow baseball.....they can remain the two crap leagues out of the Big 4.

And those poor NFL players and their awful salary cap......THEY even find time to do a TON of charity work.....why those magnificent bastards!!!!!!

:lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad