Player predictions: One upside surprise and one failure

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Expectations are high for a select few Isles’ players including our #1C but one more year with Barzal and more skill on his LW will get him to the next level.

Upside performer: Horvat 40 G and 1+ PPG
Failure: Palmieri 10-15 G max

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I'll go..

Overperforming: Stats-> Barzy with 90+ points
Play-> Pelech. Needs a bounce back
Underperforming: Stats-> Duclair. I like the guy but people penciling 30 goals is nuts. Easy choice is Palms to go from 30 to 20.
Play-> I'll go Reilly. I think he came into the perfect scenario last year for him professionally but I can see a drop in play

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
These are fun, but nobody goes back to them to discuss them. @The Real JT - If you are going to start a post like this, you are responsible for revisiting come season end to discuss the outcomes so we can laugh at our wrongs, or pat our backs on the rights.

Surprise: Holmstrom hits 50 points and plays his way to the top line
Failure: Once back healthy, Sorokin never gains the starter role back from Varlamov

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
These are fun, but nobody goes back to them to discuss them. @The Real JT - If you are going to start a post like this, you are responsible for revisiting come season end to discuss the outcomes so we can laugh at our wrongs, or pat our backs on the rights.

Surprise: Holmstrom hits 50 points and plays his way to the top line
Failure: Once back healthy, Sorokin never gains the starter role back from Varlamov
No one told me there’d be homework. :rolleyes:

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
No one told me there’d be homework. :rolleyes:

Suck it up snowflake . . .

Overperforms will be Holms and Tsyp

Underperforms: NY Rangers. Uf forced to talk about an Islander, I'd say I'm very optimistic about this team and suspect we won't be complaining about too much. Maybe the PK again if we only get up to about 20th.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I also like the Holmstrom suggestion for an overperform, but I'll also throw Romanov out there as someone who might surprise with 30+ points while playing no PP but lots of D minutes.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
>Reilley nets 40+ points.
< JGP nets under 10 goals.

Wild card: Sorokin nets 5+ shutouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad