GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 14

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Remember when we were talking about Jota maybe making Firmino second choice? It happened a while ago.
Firmino is/has been amazing too. No point to drag Firmino into that discussion.
As pointed out the weakest of them all this season is Mane.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
big "Duncan Ferguson, interim manager" vibes
Even with Calvert-Lewin, is there anything *really* to get excited about with Everton? A bunch of "nice" players, and Richarlison is good on his day, but I was always a bit mystified at this "Everton on the top 4 march" type talk.

Rafa's been only trending down, too.

Ben Grimm

I can't stand the rain ☔
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Of course all the players in blue never roll around pretending to be injured. Or timewasting as with Rudiger. Embarrassing really. Big club indeed thanks to one shady billiounaire.
Haters gonna hate.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Yeah. Both should play and Mane should sit
I feel like Mane's goal return has been fine. He's also been really good at taking on defenders from a standstill on the left edge of the area.
Firmino is/has been amazing too. No point to drag Firmino into that discussion.
As pointed out the weakest of them all this season is Mane.
I think it's reasonable to include Firmino in the discussion on who starts in the middle.
Even with Calvert-Lewin, is there anything *really* to get excited about with Everton? A bunch of "nice" players, and Richarlison is good on his day, but I was always a bit mystified at this "Everton on the top 4 march" type talk.

Rafa's been only trending down, too.
Feels like every year they make one prudent buy (Gray) that makes people feel they're on the up. Then they go through a spell where they look like relegation candidates.

Fat Sam probably has a bag packed already.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I feel like Mane's goal return has been fine. He's also been really good at taking on defenders from a standstill on the left edge of the area.

I think it's reasonable to include Firmino in the discussion on who starts in the middle.

Feels like every year they make one prudent buy (Gray) that makes people feel they're on the up. Then they go through a spell where they look like relegation candidates.

Fat Sam probably has a bag packed already.
Mane has been putting up numbers but I honestly don’t think his overall play has been great this year. Diogo’s play style, especially where he wants to be on the pitch is a lot closer to Mane that it is to Firmino. Simply think Diogo offers more. Probably not the popular opinion but I’m rolling with Diogo-Firmino-Salah. Much better pressing with that lineup too.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
All I can say about the game are two things.

1. I do hold a grudge against Rafa for taking that job and I can't get over it. I'm really glad they lost.

2. Amazing that people still exist who think Henderson can't play football. Don't know what else he'd have to do. Masterclass of midfield IMO. The game was him and Salah punishing Everton over and over again for making mistakes.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Don't think Brentford will be easy for Spurs, however a win here has them two points out of top four with a game against Burnley in hand.

Amazing that people still exist who think Henderson can't play football. Don't know what else he'd have to do. Masterclass of midfield IMO. The game was him and Salah punishing Everton over and over again for making mistakes.

My opinion of Henderson kind of hit rock bottom four years ago. England was facing Lithuania, and I would have ignored the game if it wasn't Harry Winks' England debut. Winks was a step above everybody else on the pitch while Henderson was an absolute disaster. Funny how things have changed since.

Reactions: luiginb

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
they really didn't spend this past summer. He also arguably, with no DCL, no Mina, and then midfielders out for whatever, has a point of contention for not having enough depth

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
they really didn't spend this past summer. He also arguably, with no DCL, no Mina, and then midfielders out for whatever, has a point of contention for not having enough depth
That’s Evertons own fault though. They have no depth because their signings have been bad. Not because they aren’t spending.

Everton have had more expenditures and more net spending (since 16/17; Klopp’s first full season) They just don’t have a lot to show for it.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
That’s Evertons own fault though. They have no depth because their signings have been bad. Not because they aren’t spending.

Everton have had more expenditures and more net spending (since 16/17; Klopp’s first full season) They just don’t have a lot to show for it.

I don't disagree with the numbers.

But while it might be Everton's fault, that's not Rafa's fault.

You, more so than most others (Liverpool supporters in general), should know that Rafa always moans about money. Although, it does seem that with some of his clubs, he ends up getting stiffed with dumpster diving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad