GWT: PL Matchweek 10

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think that's a pretty kind goal to say the guys that were offside made no attempt at it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The one thing VAR never showed was if Sterling was onside or offside when de Bruyne shot it.

If he was onside, it’s good because Silva didn’t touch it.

If he was offside, it should be no goal since he clearly affected the keepers ability to make a play, even if he didn’t actually touch or kick at the ball.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Fernandinho...what is this clown doing in a 3-0 game? :laugh:

The one thing VAR never showed was if Sterling was onside or offside when de Bruyne shot it.

If he was offside, it should be no goal since he clearly affected the keepers ability to make a play, even if he didn’t actually touch or kick at the ball.
The initial reply looked like Sterling and one or two others were offside, but they didn't show the lines on VAR. I agree that if he was offside, which it certainly looked like he was, it shouldn't have counted.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Fernandinho is quite dense.
My buddy the Man City friend says he took the 2nd yellow on purpose to miss the next game instead of the LFC game. And that Fabinho will probably do the same thing against Tottenham to not risk missing the Same fixture. I didn’t watch so I can’t comment. Also don’t know how accurate that is

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
My buddy the Man City friend says he took the 2nd yellow on purpose to miss the next game instead of the LFC game. And that Fabinho will probably do the same thing against Tottenham to not risk missing the Same fixture. I didn’t watch so I can’t comment. Also don’t know how accurate that is
That makes no sense, cause he only has 2 yellow cards this season and they were in this game. As he will be suspended for the league cup game. Plus the City game is in two weeks on the 10th. They play Southampton next week which he will probably play. It was a dumb move, unless two yellows equals a 2 match suspension now.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That makes no sense, cause he only has 2 yellow cards this season and they were in this game. As he will be suspended for the league cup game. Plus the City game is in two weeks on the 10th. They play Southampton next week which he will probably play. It was a dumb move, unless two yellows equals a 2 match suspension now.
Don’t shoot the messenger

EDIT: Also. Of course City has Southampton next. Back to back. In Manchester.

Last edited:

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden

Silva is the one they rewarded the goal though..

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Chelsea missing quite a few players today, but should still have enough quality to get a win.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Kante (seriously you didn't notice our best player gone?), RLC, Rudiger, Emerson, and Christensen are all injured right now.
Honestly totally forgot about Kante for some reason. :laugh: RLC has been out all season so I wouldn’t call him key.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Sloppy start for Chelsea so far. Passing hasn't been crisp enough and guys aren't moving enough off the ball to open up lanes. Burnley doing a great job defending though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $40.00