Confirmed with Link: PK Subban - Norris Finalist

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
There isnt anything that can " split the vote". The votes are already in. The "finalists" are simply the 3 with the most votes.

Doughty has to share with Weber, Josi, Giordano, etc.. And he came out ahead of all of those. Its just a matter of waiting for the SC to be awarded before they officially reveal the actual results.

This.just a teaser.

Learning something new everyday :D

I don't know why they announce it then ^^. Couldn't they just announce the 3-2-1 finalists the day of the award?

So much click-baiting :laugh:

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
He's got a good chance at winning it IMO, the voters usually look at points and +/-, Karlsson (+7) only has 6 points on Subban (+21)

Anyway congrats PK, best 2nd rounder ever, our team isnt perfect but he's an absolute blessing from the hockey gods

I might be a conspiracist but some voters might not like the idea of PK already having 2 Norris trophies

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
Speaking of Karlsson, am I the only one who thinks he looks like captain Jack Sparrow?

talk-like-a-pirate-day-jack-sparrow.jpg

Erik-Karlsson-e1412724503199.jpg

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It should be close but I assume they'll go with Karlsson. I don't particularly agree. Subban was the better D.

Subban led all D with 39 ESP.

Karlsson played 4:48 PP a game vs 3:41 a game for Subban and only managed 6 more points in the end. Karlsson led in PPP.

Karlsson played 33 sec of PK a game, Subban played 2:09.

Karlsson +7, Subban +21.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
If Subban doesn't win it's because of certain individuals undermining the power play.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
I feel like Subban could be way better than that still. That's how much this guy is great.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
PK Subban best fits the description of the Norris Trophy

He may not win it, but he's been the best all-around Dman in the NHL this year

bigtimehockeyfan999*

Speaking of Karlsson, am I the only one who thinks he looks like captain Jack Sparrow?

talk-like-a-pirate-day-jack-sparrow.jpg

Erik-Karlsson-e1412724503199.jpg

nope..hahah not really anything in the structure of his face but just the length of hair and moustache

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I have Karlsson ahead. Subban is still great, should be #2. But Karlsson, like Subban isn't bad defensively anymore. And he has more Tools offensively. And while Hammond played his role, Karlsson was right up there in the Sens incredible run.

While I don't agree that Stone should have been there instead of Forsberg, I think that somehow, you have to give some merit to a Sens for that season. Just like a guy like Gaudreau will have the trophy, not only for himself, but for the season the Flames had.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I have Karlsson ahead. Subban is still great, should be #2. But Karlsson, like Subban isn't bad defensively anymore. And he has more Tools offensively. And while Hammond played his role, Karlsson was right up there in the Sens incredible run.

While I don't agree that Stone should have been there instead of Forsberg, I think that somehow, you have to give some merit to a Sens for that season. Just like a guy like Gaudreau will have the trophy, not only for himself, but for the season the Flames had.

Why is Karlsson allergic to the PK though? It's been years he doesn't touch it. I understand keeping him fresh for offensive situations but if sens have a 5 min PK, Karlsson likely won't see a second of it. That's not very all around to me.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
How does it feel to have nice things?

Anyway, congrats to Subban. He played for Belleville when I lived there and I've always been a huge fan, regardless of him playing for the Habs.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Why is everyone so sentimental about the Sens?

Ugh! It's making me sick to my stomach, that's all I heard about today...

Never seen a team lose in the playoffs get so many accolades

Enough already!

BTW - nothing against your choice of Karlsson...just don't agree that Sens are owed anything cause they had an improbable run

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Why is Karlsson allergic to the PK though? It's been years he doesn't touch it. I understand keeping him fresh for offensive situations but if sens have a 5 min PK, Karlsson likely won't see a second of it. That's not very all around to me.

I understand. It's the usage his coach gives him, not that he wouldn't be able to play it. But Karlsson destroys everybody with his PP time. I guess that the PP time he's getting, he's not getting it on the PK. But I understand your point.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007

Enough already!

BTW - nothing against your choice of Karlsson...just don't agree that Sens are owed anything cause they had an improbable run

Agree, suck it Sens!

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

Enough already!

I prefer to not have any sympathy and still play, than be loved and on the golf course. As far as being owed something, well Karlsson still finish 1st in points. But I also do think that somehow you need to give some merit to stories that made this season. And I believe the Sens and the Flames were that story. Yet, I'm not giving the Norris to Ceci here.

Somehow, they have Dubnyk a nomination....also because he was part of that story this year. How many goalies received a trophy nomination while playing less than 40 games? Even for a goalie? Every trophy nominations has their share of stories. Some trophies more than others...but I'd say most of them.

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
I understand. It's the usage his coach gives him, not that he wouldn't be able to play it. But Karlsson destroys everybody with his PP time. I guess that the PP time he's getting, he's not getting it on the PK. But I understand your point.

Wouldn't that leave you to believe though that Karlsson isn't really better in terms of putting points on the board than the other top Ds but simply being used more in offensive situations than they are while not having to spend any energy defending?

In terms of being the best all-around defenseman, it seems to me that being a major player on the PK is a very important part of it.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Wouldn't that leave you to believe though that Karlsson isn't really better in terms of putting points on the board than the other top Ds but simply being used more in offensive situations than they are while not having to spend any energy defending?

In terms of being the best all-around defenseman, it seems to me that being a major player on the PK is a very important part of it.

But he's no Marc-André Bergeron either. Karlsson is still 3rd on EStime/game while Subban is 9th, not that far behind, around 1:30 more than Subban. Not a lot...but a sign that Karlsson is used a lot and surely and mostly against a great opposition. So he does defend. Just not on the PK, as they don't want him to play 30 minutes a game and that they had players that are mostly and only defensive d-man. Who do we have that fit the profile of a Gryba or Boro?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad