Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
FYI-
The full development camp roster should come out in a couple days. But one of the undrafted free agent invites coming will be Charlie Cerrato, a Youngstown Phantoms forward who will be playing for Penn State next season.

Cerrato, 19, is a 6-foot, 190-pound left-handed shot. On his game, the Elite Prospects draft guide says "primarily a rush attacker, Cerrato creates by reading defenders and taking what they give him. He sprints past aggressive defenders and cuts inside across passive ones. If defenders pressure him from the side, he passes through them to a teammate up the middle."

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Seattle gave Stephenson a 6 million AAV. Man some of these deals are just hard to explain. Loved him at say 4 or so. Ewen overpay at 4.5 but 6? Dubas just has to let it play out and get picks and prospects after this season.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
So from a few sports sites, for the Metro the Flyers had the worst draft of the division and then the Penguins right above them.

Then also a D- for the free agency.

giphy.gif

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Seattle gave Stephenson a 6 million AAV. Man some of these deals are just hard to explain. Loved him at say 4 or so. Ewen overpay at 4.5 but 6? Dubas just has to let it play out and get picks and prospects after this season.
237 in 327 games for Vegas. Had back to back 60+ and 51pts last season and he's 30. Seems market value just because you don't like him doesn't mean he was over paid or bad. He's been a solid player once he got a chance to play and built up his confidence in his game.

It's what happens for players that need a new change of scenery. For him it was the expansion draft. Sullivan does the opposite for players.

To add - Chandler is also incredible defensively and did a lot of the hard work while producing for the Golden turds. They'll definitely feel the hurt losing him.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
So we have 2 players in the summer showcase so far. Yager and Swanson. I guess thats it since Canada is crowded with 1st rounders i dont see any of this years 2d round picks make it, right?

Canada also only have 1 team i think? while the US have 2

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I'm getting back to updating my prospects spreadsheet. There are currently 7 players who have either aged out, have not been re-signed, or have been traded. Here are their Standardized %s and Ceilings based on what I had compiled in April:

playerstd%ceiling
andonovski c
41.28%​
f - fourth - complimentary
collins n
46.22%​
d - middle - two way
lindberg f
40.31%​
goalie - g ahl - 1a/1b
puustinen v
70.08%​
f - second - scorer
rathbone j
54.54%​
d - bottom - scorer
samorukov d
43.78%​
d - bottom - defense only
svejkovsky l
54.87%​
f - third - scorer

St. Ivany is about to age out, and Hamaliuk & Yoder may not be re-signed.

Reactions: Jdodd and Solution

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
So from a few sports sites, for the Metro the Flyers had the worst draft of the division and then the Penguins right above them.

Then also a D- for the free agency.

giphy.gif
I’ll share a little secret. These draft grades mean absolutely nothing. Scouts who full time jobs are scouting these players don’t know how these 17-18 year old kids will turn out.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
I'm getting back to updating my prospects spreadsheet. There are currently 7 players who have either aged out, have not been re-signed, or have been traded. Here are their Standardized %s and Ceilings based on what I had compiled in April:

playerstd%ceiling
andonovski c
41.28%​
collins n
46.22%​
d - middle - two way
lindberg f
40.31%​
goalie - g ahl - 1a/1b
puustinen v
70.08%​
f - second - scorer
rathbone j
54.54%​
d - bottom - scorer
samorukov d
43.78%​
svejkovsky l
54.87%​
f - third - scorer

Think I saw rathbone sign somewhere else?
Yes, Sabres.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

playerstd%ceiling
andonovski c
41.28%​
collins n
46.22%​
d - middle - two way
lindberg f
40.31%​
goalie - g ahl - 1a/1b
puustinen v
70.08%​
f - second - scorer
rathbone j
54.54%​
d - bottom - scorer
samorukov d
43.78%​
svejkovsky l
54.87%​
f - third - scorer

I think Svejkovsky was traded

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Dev.Camp roster should be released today one would think?
Always a small bit of fun seeing what undrafted players we invite!

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
dev.camp roster out. Its as uninspiring as the FA signings.
As bad of a pipeline we have one would think we could attract some of the more intruging junior free agents...

Its half SSO team invited and some spare parts.

Jelsma is the only invite thats even a bit intruging, and that also has to do with that he was in WBS n a try-out, so might be interest there.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad