Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] G Alex Nedeljkovic signs extension with the Penguins (2 years, $2.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Jarry was on the fringes of the Vezina discussion going into January. Pens fans with Sullivan and Jarry here are crazy haha it's embarrassing.

Ned coming in for a stretch in the second half...he was playing good hockey. Jarry's first half and Ned's run should have been enough. But it's just not a good roster unfortunately.

I don't know what the numbers are, public goalie stats aren't particularly valuable. But I thought Ned had a nice run and I'm happy he signed for a decent deal.

Yeah all the proof you need on this is that Penguins fans say Jarry has negative value and dismiss his solid to good numbers because "he's a loser". Purely emotional and illogical.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I think Jarry was on the fringes of the Vezina discussion going into January. Pens fans with Sullivan and Jarry here are crazy haha it's embarrassing.

Ned coming in for a stretch in the second half...he was playing good hockey. Jarry's first half and Ned's run should have been enough. But it's just not a good roster unfortunately.

I don't know what the numbers are, public goalie stats aren't particularly valuable. But I thought Ned had a nice run and I'm happy he signed for a decent deal.
Ned was also shit during that span the difference is the Pens played better offensively down the stretch. Ned's numbers and all the analytics you tossers wank to, shows this to be true. But all you ignorant muppets stare at is the wins down the stretch. His numbers were ass. Pens scoring more is the difference here. His play was barely average at best and in typical Sullivan fashion he over played Jarry until his game was ruined and then rode the back up. He's done this for the last 7 seasons and you "fans" can't see for shit.

Just the typical Jarry sucks narrative. Yet Ned sucked even more but was buoyed by a good stretch to end the season where the Pens were the top 3 for goal scored per game.

"Hurr durr I ignore facts so I can hate the other bloke..."

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Jarry often starts the season well and then either falters late or is injured late.
Tristan Jarry’s season continues disturbing second half trend

Sullivan’s teams haven’t won a playoff round since the year the Caps won the cup. Fans getting antsy with the coach seems normal to me.
Maybe because the workload isn't balanced, Pens give up a lot of high danger scoring chances, the defense is pure shit. The back ups get usually the 2nd of back to backs and put up better stats because of it in a smaller sample size. Ned when played down the stretch was the epitome of barely average. Pens were anaemic offensive in front of Jarry. Then when Bunting comes over and the youth is used more more advantageous ways, they score at a better rate.

It's all right there, the stats. It backs it all up when blokes aren't trying to be ignorant morons.

October to March 15th - Gf/g 2.85 (25th in the league), goals allowed 2.88 (8th). After that from March 16 to April 18th - 1st in the league for goals for at 4.00 and goals against got worse 3.59 and ranked 28th. Ned started 95% of those games.

There was a season where Jarry had a severe injury and Sullivan kept playing him a ton and DeShit a lot after when Jarry couldn't play well witth the injury. We all learned he was playing through it around January of that year. Why would a coach do that? An idiot like Sullivan was annoyed that Jarry was hurt.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Yeah all the proof you need on this is that Penguins fans say Jarry has negative value and dismiss his solid to good numbers because "he's a loser". Purely emotional and illogical.
It's like ignoring actual facts and stats that back up that Jarry wasn't the problem is an impossibility to them. Their only crutch is that the Pens were amazing from March 16th to the end of the season.

Where they went from scoring 2.85 to 4.0 goals per game which ranked them the best in the league in that span whereas the other mark had them near the bottom. Their goals against suffered a shit ton from being good at 2.88 and ranked top 10 to being the bottom 5 worst defensively in which Ned started 95% of the games.

I bet they would blame Jarry for that anyway.

Jarry often starts the season well and then either falters late or is injured late.
Tristan Jarry’s season continues disturbing second half trend

Sullivan’s teams haven’t won a playoff round since the year the Caps won the cup. Fans getting antsy with the coach seems normal to me.
The issue has always been the coach and his awful system. Now we have Sullivan and an even worse version of him as an assistant coach. We're so lucky.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's like ignoring actual facts and stats that back up that Jarry wasn't the problem is an impossibility to them. Their only crutch is that the Pens were amazing from March 16th to the end of the season.

Where they went from scoring 2.85 to 4.0 goals per game which ranked them the best in the league in that span whereas the other mark had them near the bottom. Their goals against suffered a shit ton from being good at 2.88 and ranked top 10 to being the bottom 5 worst defensively in which Ned started 95% of the games.

I bet they would blame Jarry for that anyway.

Yeah I'll be clear in that I'm super lukewarm on Jarry, because he's far too hot and cold for my liking. His overall numbers end up good, but he's more like "Vezina caliber first half, terrible starter second half". Like those are all valid criticisms of him. I'm not the kind of person to act like he's this amazing goalie.

Even with that said, there's some downright lunacy opinions on Jarry posted on this site from Penguins fans. Penguins fans on here criticize casual Penguins fans for acting like Fleury is incredible because they like Fleury, but acting like Jarry sucks because you hate Jarry is the same thing on the opposite end. Saying “Jarry sucks because I think he’s a loser” or “Jarry sucks because I don’t like his attitude” is no different than saying “Fleury is amazing because he’s a super cool guy”, it’s just the other end of the spectrum.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Thought they'd want to make room for Blomqvist, but I guess they figured one more year in the AHL won't hurt.

mrd1166

Jun 19, 2024
Pittsburgh
I think that was the exact contract prediction someone recently had. Fair deal for both sides. Neds did well for the Penguins down the stretch.
I hope this means they will trade Jarry an bring up the Joel B from Wilks an Ned can be the starter pen’s could save 3 million in cap an pick up a good draft pick an or a solid d man bc we must move graves even if we have to give a pick for a team to take his contract on im thinking Ottawa or Columbus maybe I think graves in the right system would do ok just not a fit for how sully coaches

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Yeah I'll be clear in that I'm super lukewarm on Jarry, because he's far too hot and cold for my liking. His overall numbers end up good, but he's more like "Vezina caliber first half, terrible starter second half". Like those are all valid criticisms of him. I'm not the kind of person to act like he's this amazing goalie.

Even with that said, there's some downright lunacy opinions on Jarry posted on this site from Penguins fans. Penguins fans on here criticize casual Penguins fans for acting like Fleury is incredible because they like Fleury, but acting like Jarry sucks because you hate Jarry is the same thing on the opposite end. Saying “Jarry sucks because I think he’s a loser” or “Jarry sucks because I don’t like his attitude” is no different than saying “Fleury is amazing because he’s a super cool guy”, it’s just the other end of the spectrum.
The Pens system isn't great for any goalie. Jarry almost has to play insane elite levels which burns him out, just to bail this shit system out. Jarry does and for 3-4 months of the season he's busting his hump until he's just spent and Sullivan has no clue how to rotate goalies to his advantage if his life depended on it. I really want Jarry to be dealt only to show how good he really is, in a system that isn't coached by some ignorant moron.

I hope this means they will trade Jarry an bring up the Joel B from Wilks an Ned can be the starter pen’s could save 3 million in cap an pick up a good draft pick an or a solid d man bc we must move graves even if we have to give a pick for a team to take his contract on im thinking Ottawa or Columbus maybe I think graves in the right system would do ok just not a fit for how sully coaches
Imagine destroying a roster for 7-8 seasons to make it a fit for how Sully coaches without realizing there's no mix of players that fixes an absolute idiot of a coach.

Reactions: mrd1166

RickyLafleur

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Will

To Ottawa for a 2nd an 3rd pick an lower end prospect maybe
austin-powers-dr-evil.gif

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Jarry clearly has talent but he's never shown to be someone that can be relied upon and he has sucked when he's gotten chances in the playoffs. I personally have little faith that he's ever going to live up to his contact but the physical talent is there.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Alright Rutherford. At least Hextall didn't trade Blomqvist to the Ducks in the Rakell deal. :highclap:
Yeah, we had Blomqvist and Clang...Blomqvist has been an AHL monster and Clang is a sub .900 AHL goalie. They picked the right one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad