Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] G Alex Nedeljkovic signs extension with the Penguins (2 years, $2.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah this is pretty much exactly where his projection was at, hard to complain about it.

At the same time though, I'm not overly pleased with spending $8 million on Jarry and Nedjelkovic as their tandem. I would really welcome a Jarry move to both clear out money and create a future spot for Blomqvist.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It's too much if he's going to be the backup again.

Like the Pens are spending 1.5 more million to go with the same goalie tandem they had this year which was already not good enough to get them in.

As a Pens fan I only like this if we're using it to move on from Jarry. Otherwise it's just more money on the same shit results.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
Excellent. Been a fan of Ned for a long time, he played really well for the Penguins.

I know people that goalies are voodoo - and to some degree they are, because team effects and all that - but Jarry and Ned for ~$7.5 mil is one of the better bargain duos out there in terms of talent.

Of course, Ryan Graves and the like exist in front of them, which makes life hell...but in a vacuum, this is exceptional value.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
A fan of Ned (as you can surmise from the user name).

Sometimes there is one more important stat-- the Penguins paced for 110 points with Ned as starter.
tbh, I had a positive opinion of him only seeing a lot of his games last year. I wasa little surprised his stats were so meh.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Excellent. Been a fan of Ned for a long time, he played really well for the Penguins.

I know people that goalies are voodoo - and to some degree they are, because team effects and all that - but Jarry and Ned for ~$7.5 mil is one of the better bargain duos out there in terms of talent.

Of course, Ryan Graves and the like exist in front of them, which makes life hell...but in a vacuum, this is exceptional value.
Ned wasn't much better than Jarry. Actually he wasn't. What changed during the last 15 or so games was the Penguins started to score more finally and Ned wasn't that great given his numbers. Pens just scored more and played better with Bunting and playing some youth more.

Jarry getting crucified by absolute tossers that call them selves Pens fans is the biggest joke here.

Reactions: OtherThingsILike

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
I think Jarry was on the fringes of the Vezina discussion going into January. Pens fans with Sullivan and Jarry here are crazy haha it's embarrassing.

Ned coming in for a stretch in the second half...he was playing good hockey. Jarry's first half and Ned's run should have been enough. But it's just not a good roster unfortunately.

I don't know what the numbers are, public goalie stats aren't particularly valuable. But I thought Ned had a nice run and I'm happy he signed for a decent deal.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Was ujnder the impression he wasn't anythingmore than a glorifired backup and 2.500 seems like too much.

That said - Pens fans seem to like it, and they would know better than me, so I'll take their word for it. Sometimes stats don't tell the whole story and this may be one of those cases.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad