Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] F Tanner Howe signs ELC with the Penguins (3 years, $875k AAV)

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Was the second most notable player for the Pats when I watched them. To be fair, the most notable was Connor Bedard. I think the Pens got a really good player in the second round.
Looking at his numbers, the expected dip is there, but he had 25 more points than the second leading scoring. That's impressive. Could be a good one for sure.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Looking at his numbers, the expected dip is there, but he had 25 more points than the second leading scoring. That's impressive. Could be a good one for sure.

Had the Canucks had a late first or second, I was hoping that's who they would nab. He was on the smaller side when I saw him play and at 5'10" and 183lbs, he still probably needs to add some weight but his level of compete was one of the better I've seen from a prospect.

Reactions: BLNY

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Can someone explain to me the contract rules? He didn't get a 975k contract...
975k is the current max contract eligible for those signing their ELC. Getting that isn't automatic. Depends on his leverage. Top prospects and those with more options have more leverage. I believe the league min is still 750k (775k?). So as long as his salary is somewhere between there and the 975k max, it's okay.

His only recourse if PIT offers a contract he doesn't like, would be to stay in juniors, refuse to sign unless offered more money, and then if PIT doesn't offer more money, wait until PIT trades him to another team who will offer more (because PIT wouldn't allow him to become a UFA).

Also.. for cap strapped teams, the lower his salary, the easier time he'd have of getting call ups and making the team. That said, that's likely a far lower priority item.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Now I'm confused
Screenshot_20240711_075611_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: yukoner88

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Probably will play in the juniors then the AHL. I can't see him in the NHL for quite a few years.

Scored a few less goals once Bedard left however he scored 25 more points then the 2nd point getter.

He has skills that is for sure.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Hes 18 now, back to juniors for 24-25 but would he eligible for AHL in 25-26? His birthday is November so I think since he turns 20 before December 31st he should be able to play in WBS next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad