News Article: Pirates Penguins $17.99 local streaming

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I mean that’s great but why not open it up to fans who live outside the Pittsburgh area …I would definitely buy in…limiting it to fans in a particular area is ridiculous

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I mean that’s great but why not open it up to fans who live outside the Pittsburgh area …I would definitely buy in…limiting it to fans in a particular area is ridiculous

You can get ESPN+ that has all Penguins games (outside of nationally televised games) if you're living outside of the Pittsburgh area.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Hilarious that they're charging this much:

1) You can get the same thing for free (streaming)
2) I don't follow the Pirates, but the Pens are barely a .500 team that's missed the playoffs the past 2 seasons and are getting older.

Beautiful timing!

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Hilarious that they're charging this much:

1) You can get the same thing for free (streaming)
2) I don't follow the Pirates, but the Pens are barely a .500 team that's missed the playoffs the past 2 seasons and are getting older.

Beautiful timing!
Pens haven't been a .500 team since 2021-2022...

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
You can get ESPN+ that has all Penguins games (outside of nationally televised games) if you're living outside of the Pittsburgh area.
I can't imagine why a non-local Pens fan would have any interest in this. Figure out of market Buccos would be easy to watch as well. Nonetheless, streaming options will replace regional cable jokes licketty split. Kraken finally did it which is great as their blackout region is larger than 70 countries.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I can't imagine why a non-local Pens fan would have any interest in this. Figure out of market Buccos would be easy to watch as well. Nonetheless, streaming options will replace regional cable jokes licketty split. Kraken finally did it which is great as their blackout region is larger than 70 countries.

Yeah I pay $75 a season for MLB.tv and get ESPN+ for free through my phone plan. I don't see any reason for someone outside of Pittsburgh to pay $18 a month for just the Penguins and Pirates.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
$18/month is a lot cheaper than my cable bill at the moment, and I pretty much only keep cable in order to watch the Pens games, so I guess I'm the target market for this.

I'm in the Pittsburgh region, so I don't think there are any other legit streaming options for Pens games available otherwise?
You are precisely the intended customer.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Yeah I pay $75 a season for MLB.tv and get ESPN+ for free through my phone plan. I don't see any reason for someone outside of Pittsburgh to pay $18 a month for just the Penguins and Pirates.
I would, I pay $75/month for fubo :(

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
$18/month is a lot cheaper than my cable bill at the moment, and I pretty much only keep cable in order to watch the Pens games, so I guess I'm the target market for this.

I'm in the Pittsburgh region, so I don't think there are any other legit streaming options for Pens games available otherwise?
Fubo, but that’s like 75-80$ a month. So if you truly only watch Pens/Pirates, this would obviously be the better deal.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
It's a step in the right direction, but the price point is wrong.

For what they are offering right now, $8.99 a month and maybe. MAYBE I do it.

$18? f*** off. I'll keep my free alternative means.

The way I look at it, even at $18/month that's a hell of lot cheaper than going to a game and getting decent seats/parking/food.

Reactions: farscape1

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
Yeah but they can't hear you booing from your couch

Someone needs to start the Fire Sully chant

Sometimes it's worth being there in person

:laugh:

I haven't been to a home game for either Pens/Bucs since I last lived there in 1996 although I did see the Pens a number of times when I lived in Atlanta. I did go to lots of both between1970 and 1996 and I'm fine watching them on TV now.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I go to any games that i can manage when PIT teams come into whatever metro area i find myself living in every year... Well.. Not steelers games anymore. NFL isn't worth the ticket costs.

And I'm gonna miss all the Bucs vs Cardinals this yeah as the series' are all midweek. Great. Thanks for scheduling not even a single weekend game for an NL Central rival. Makes sense.

Man, major sports really do suck in modern times. We have many other better things to do with our lives.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad