Pinto vs. Bath vs. Norris - who has the best career? (Now featuring Greig!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who has the best NHL career?

• Total voters

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I feel guilty voting now since I definitely had opinions way back...

I thought, before Norris had his 35g season, that Pinto could end up surpassing him and being the better player.
I thought, after Norris broke out and Pinto blew his shoulder out, that there was no way Pinto would surpass him anymore, .
I thought, after Norris blew out his shoulder again, that he was risky, but still had the edge if he could get healthy.
I thought, after Pinto got suspended for off ice conduct, oh no, I wonder what this will do to his career, Norris taking a bigger lead
I thought, after Norris' return underwhelmed and he blew out his shoulder again, that Pinto would likely be the favourite, even if both underwhelm
I thought, after Pinto's triumphant return, this kids the real deal it's got to be him

Now, Idk what to think, what a wild ride this team puts us on... Maybe Norris can get back on track and we'll be closer to the optimism I had early on where both looked like top 6 centers.

None of that even considers the rollercoaster of Batherson, he's amazing, Dell sucker checks him and he comes back a dud, then a year later he starts showing flashes of his old promise. Nor does it consider Greig, though I never had him on as high a pedestal I do think he's a legit top 6 prospect.

Reactions: xVolchenkov

sena

Jul 3, 2024
In his first 140 NHL games. I voted Pinto due to his position and two way game. But the most talented player is Batherson. Who has another level.
I am not sure about Batherson, he is good and has some serious skill but those big long floating passes that always get picked off are painful. He needs to play a more simple game.
That being said the entire top six are guilty of the same thing, they go on a run and start feeling good then they start to make the worst low percentage fancy plays resulting in so many goals against.
I just see Pinto as Norris without the shot. All around solid players, good second line guys.
If everything works out

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Batherson is going to be one of those guys who finds another offensive gear after the age of 25. Zibanejad, Thomson, etc. He only recently claimed to be fully over his previous ankle injury from all the way back in 2022. Prior to getting hurt, he was our best forward.

While I could see Batherson having the biggest offensive peak, I think that Pinto will have the best career in terms of longevity. He'll be a guy who will play until he is in his late 30s, who every winning coach wants on his team.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I am not sure about Batherson, he is good and has some serious skill but those big long floating passes that always get picked off are painful. He needs to play a more simple game.
That being said the entire top six are guilty of the same thing, they go on a run and start feeling good then they start to make the worst low percentage fancy plays resulting in so many goals against.
I just see Pinto as Norris without the shot. All around solid players, good second line guys.
If everything works out
Pinto has a great shot. He's bigger and better defensively than Norris is also a better possession player. Right handed shot who is a late boomer In a big frame natural longer development curve. 200 foot player, with a strong natural two way high iq player. Type of player you can win with and a good complement to Stutzle.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I just see Pinto as Norris without the shot.
I get the sentiment, here, but Pinto has an excellent shot too.

Norris certainly has proven more as a shooter. But they're both two-way goal scoring centres and play a somewhat similar game.

Between these two I think Pinto is the better and more complete player and I expect Pinto to get up near 30 goals this season.

But Bath has star-level skill in him and still has my confidence.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Voted Bath in 2021 and wont take the cash out, he is the right answer.

Feel like if he plays at an All Star level again (how unbelievable was he on that run?!) he can carry this team into the playoffs and give us some Mark Stone vibes.

Love me some Drake Batherson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad