Confirmed with Link: Pinto signed two-year, 7.5M deal. $3.75 AAV.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Pinto is betting on himself. Betting he will have a breakout year or two. When you bet on yourself you win. I bet he's going to get a nice contract when this is all done. Pinto is just a betting type of guy. Nice to see people take a gamble once in awhile. He really must like his odds. I hope he stays healthy and lives up to his full potential. Him and Greig are going to be two instrumental keys to our success to making the playoffs and going deep. Anyways, a team friendly deal is always nice to see, but I bet you didn't have a choice after last season.

Okay I got all my bedding puns out of the way.

Reactions: bicboi64

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Sending out a compliment to Pinto for his beauty attitude and bringing this city his good vibes, good vibes we needed

I think you need to go back to Mike Fisher to find a player in Sens history who had so much good Will from the fans based on effort, attitude, vibes and a killer smile

Good vibes are so important so props to Pinto for being that guy - (Mike Fisher also underpaid a big part of his career just like Pinto is now and was best value player in the NHL at one point at $1.5 million a season and Pinto will be on one of the best value NHL contracts the next two years

Last edited:
Reactions: chipsens

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
The QO maxes out at 120% of the AAV, there was and change in the MoU for contracts signed after 2020.

4.5 I believe, the MoU after Covid changed the rules to cap QO's at 120% of the AAV.
Your right. I trusted my memory, versus looking it up which would have been better.

I wonder what his next contract would look like? I’m always a little nervous when it comes American players signing contracts with Canadian teams when the contractual restrictions disappear. There’s the difference in taxes and additional concerns if the player (and his family) have held conservative (politically speaking) values. This is based on my experience as a Canadian born person who has spent approaching 3 decades living in the U.S.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Your right. I trusted my memory, versus looking it up which would have been better.

I wonder what his next contract would look like? I’m always a little nervous when it comes American players signing contracts with Canadian teams when the contractual restrictions disappear. There’s the difference in taxes and additional concerns if the player (and his family) have held conservative (politically speaking) values. This is based on my experience as a Canadian born person who has spent approaching 3 decades living in the U.S.
Well, we can pray Norris is 100% and pushes Pinto down to 3rd line and 2nd PP duties to keep his production down,

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Great signing, Pinto has #1 centre potential.
I like Pinto a lot, but I really think this is not true. He just hasn’t shown the playmaking or puck handling skills to be a #1.
I think he *may* be a very good #2, and I’m hoping the 2 year deal will motiate Him to take his game to that level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad