Confirmed with Link: Pinto signed two-year, 7.5M deal. $3.75 AAV.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Nice! Very good deal and it gives us a bit more cap space to add depth.

Also, I'm glad we won't have to read any more of those dumb trade proposals.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Ok, so we have a 21 man roster with Kleven up and Ostapchuk, MacEwen filling the last spots (put in whoever you prefer on ELC or otherwise cheap deals)

That leaves 1.859 mil to upgrade a spot or two,

Do we trade JBD and sign a guy like Schmidt for ~ 2.5?
Do we go after a guy like Sprong at ~2.5 in place of MacEwen
Do we carry an extra forward?

Heck no to Sprong. We just got rid of our own Sprong in Joseph.

We need a veteran 4C badly. Thats my #1 priority for the rest of the summer. If they can upgrade on JBD, thats just gravy.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Great deal, I like it. Would've preferred a long term contract but this is good as well. Let Pinto prove himself a bit more before earning the big bucks. But why on earth did we just throw away Joseph and a 3rd then? Would've liked to have kept him too.

Reactions: WallyD

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I’m pleased that this is out of the way. I was expecting a higher AAV and hopefully we can re-sign him in 2 years without too much fuss.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ok, so we have a 21 man roster with Kleven up and Ostapchuk, MacEwen filling the last spots (put in whoever you prefer on ELC or otherwise cheap deals)

if they can be had at 1m or less
Roslovic, Clutterbuck, Cousins, Blais, Okposo, Motte,

NHL RDs are slim pickings

Bortuzzo, Shattenkirk, Schmidt, Schultz

just some 411 on the Big Guy.. not that he'd be of interest to the Sens
1719959393256.png

Take Schmidt off

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Great deal, I like it. Would've preferred a long term contract but this is good as well. Let Pinto prove himself a bit more before earning the big bucks. But why on earth did we just throw away Joseph and a 3rd then? Would've liked to have kept him too.
Must be another signing on the way.

I hope losing Joseph and a draft pick will be worth something because I liked Joseph on the PK and his speed at ES.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
My favorite player.

I even spelled it the american way for you, Shane.

Never leave us, bud. Sen for life.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015

I hope losing Joseph and a draft pick will be worth something because I liked Joseph on the PK and his speed at ES.
We desperately need his speed especially, we're a slow team already. Maybe we want to replace him with someone with more grit, which is also needed, but losing that foot speed will be noticeable next year, it was obvious how much we lacked it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

We signed Adam Gaudette and a guy named Hodgson today (I just noticed and it was announced at like 2 pm haha)

Not sure we have a lot of room left, you need some cap space to start the season in order to deal with injuries etc.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010

Schmidt is a lefty. There's no UFA that make sense to replace JBD/Hamonic

IDK how much he'd want - and he's quite the polarizing player - but Nick Cousins could be a solid add to the 4th line.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Love this bridge deal. Hmmm can Pinto do PK?! He is a heady puck-thief like Stone...maybe our version of Marchand scoring tons of shorties

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Ostapchuk is ready for that role, he was great last year, and responsible all over the ice.

I'd upgrade JBD tbh.
I would like to see Ostapchuk on this team to start the season. They most likely start the season with JBD & Hamonic sharing that 6th RD spot. I expect that if those two falter that they could be replaced by the Trade Deadline, hopefully they don't hurt the team too much before that time. I expect JBD will be better, he led the team in blocked shots last yr, coaches like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad