Waived: [NYI] Sam Bolduc, Pierre Engvall, Hudson Fasching, Liam Foudy, Marcus Hogberg, Grant Hutton, Frederik Karlstrom, Jakub Skarek waived by the Islanders

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Safe to say nobody is picking up that wierd long ass contract for a depth player.

Reactions: BHD

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Engvall seems like he had a decent year last year, but this is why you don't give depth players 7 year deals.

I don't know why anyone is willing to go over 3 or 4 years for clear bottom-6 guys.
I think the whole idea is that he couldn’t keep these guys under the cap if they get fair UFA value so he extends out the contract to keep AAV low. Worked for Cizikas, who could have gotten 4 mil+ elsewhere. Jury is out on Mayfield’s deal, he was hurt all of last year. This one is a disaster.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I think the whole idea is that he couldn’t keep these guys under the cap if they get fair UFA value so he extends out the contract to keep AAV low. Worked for Cizikas, who could have gotten 4 mil+ elsewhere. Jury is out on Mayfield’s deal, he was hurt all of last year. This one is a disaster.
I kind of get the reasoning. Guy in his mid 20s who has the build that many NHLers could only dream of. Plus he skates like the wind. Seems like a player who could provide a $3M value.

The one caveat is that I didn't know how much of a p**** Pierre is. It's known that he's soft, but he takes it to an extreme. He's wet toilet paper soft. Kittens are tougher than he is.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rehabguy and Mike C

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
"I think that what happened, simplistically, is that he's a top six, top nine forward, and Maxim Tsyplakov earned his way into that role, and basically, we have to make the best decisions for the best lineup we can put together," Islanders general manager Lou Lamoriello said on Sunday morning. "It's as simple as that. It's not that he did anything wrong, but he basically lost the job at this point. He is not a bottom-six player.

"I still believe in him and his talent and his abilities, but there's only so much room, and with Anthony Duclair coming in for the top line, and then Max fitting in...Now, things can change."

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
Is this the most term left on a contract that's been put on waivers in league history?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
"I think that what happened, simplistically, is that he's a top six, top nine forward, and Maxim Tsyplakov earned his way into that role, and basically, we have to make the best decisions for the best lineup we can put together," Islanders general manager Lou Lamoriello said on Sunday morning. "It's as simple as that. It's not that he did anything wrong, but he basically lost the job at this point. He is not a bottom-six player.

"I still believe in him and his talent and his abilities, but there's only so much room, and with Anthony Duclair coming in for the top line, and then Max fitting in...Now, things can change."

Isles dressing 15 forwards every night? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad