Pick a player to add to your team - Barkov or Lafreniere?

Pick a player to add to your team - Barkov or Lafreniere?

• Total voters

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It'd be Barkov...right up until the point i'm supposed to consider Contracts. At that point, for the Canucks case...i'm pretty much pigeonholed into going with Lafreniere, because even Barkov's extremely reasonable "bargain" salary would be a trick to fit in.

Having a two-way presence with that kind of size in Barkov down the middle, would open up a lot of really interesting options for the Canucks. Probably actually just ends up shifting Pettersson to the Wing though. Which is where Lafreniere would be a heck of a player to have, to really round out that Canucks winger situation, where they're always kinda at least one shy of where you'd want to be in giving top quality linemates to both of Petey and Bo. Would add some more of that physical grinding dimension that has been so valuable with JT Miller too.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Barkov would be ideal for Colorado, but I’ll take the younger Lafreniere with more years of team control.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Who knows what kind of player Lafreniere might end up being! He could even be a player as good as Barkov is now!

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Barkov overrated, Laf is under. Kinda suprising for HF boards but I guess with analytics anyone thinks they know the sport now.
uhhhhhh Barkov isn't exactly an analytics darling. Bad take

supersized

Feb 23, 2010
It’d take Laf for the Oilers, Barkov’s only 2 years away from UFA and we don’t need another centre.
Edmonton has enough Lafreniere's though. Putting a two way center of Barkovs level on them and they would become unstoppable.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
I’d take laf on the wing. Kadri would be pushed to 3rd line c if we had Barkov and that doesn’t work well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad