Player Discussion Phillip Danault part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
What are you talking about ? Nicolas Roy was pointless tonight... And without Price save on the 2 on 1 against Stone and Pacio, Danault would be -1. But continue to believe that Danault is perfect defensively and that he is exempt from producing offensively.

Nic Roy was on for a goal for.......
Its not a good look if you pick probably the only play he had no involvement in lmao.

I never said he is exempt from producing, in fact i mentioned it just above. You came here and pointed out with sarcasm and i corrected you :)

Good thing he was here to shutdown Nicolas Roy :thumbu:

That being said, like I mentioned right above, his line will need to also produce because shutting down a top line wont be enough to win this series. Especially when NS and KK have to actually play real competition this time and struggled in game 1.

So ,maybe you focus should be better served there seeing as they were both -2 with inferior competition and about a minute and bit less ES TOI.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Nic Roy was on for a goal for.......
Its not a good look if you pick probably the only play he had no involvement in lmao.

Who cares if Roy was on ice when his team scored ? He's not an offensive threat and was pointless. Danault and his line mates should be able to exploit Roy's line.
Danault would still be -1 and judging by the fact that you are blaming Suzuki for his -1 because he lost a faceoff, I thought you would do the same for Danault, had Price not made the save...

I never said he is exempt from producing, in fact i mentioned it just above. You came here and pointed out with sarcasm and i corrected you
:)

Fair enough, I missed that message, because it was not adressed to me.

That being said, like I mentioned right above, his line will need to also produce because shutting down a top line wont be enough to win this series. Especially when NS and KK have to actually play real competition this time and struggled in game 1.

So ,maybe you focus should be better served there seeing as they were both -2 with inferior competition and about a minute and bit less ES TOI.

Two goals were on lost faceoffs, Suzuki and KK could not do much to prevent that... Unless you expect them to win 100% of their faceoffs, which is impossible, they have almost no control on these situations.

Nick Suzuki is doing his job with 8 points in 12 games, neither goal was his fault, you can't ask too much from him.

KK is far from perfect, he lost his coverage on the other goal, but he already scored 4 goals, he has no assists yet, maybe his wingers should do something and he has the age excuse.

Last edited:

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
And without Danault we are golfing. Suzuki and KK had SUBSTANTIALLY worse games than Phil tonight.

Without Price*. How was Suzuki substantially worse ? Like Danault he was not responsible for neither of the goals against and the three centres were all average tonight, but unlike the kids, Danault is not producing offensively since the playoffs started.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Without Price*. How was Suzuki substantially worse ? Like Danault he was not responsible for neither of the goals against and the three centres were all average tonight, but unlike the kids, Danault is not producing offensively since the playoffs started.
Weird comment, of course Price is our MVP, where did I say otherwise? That doesn't mean that others weren't great. He was still a minus 2 and you were saying that Danault would have been a -1 if it wasn't for Price's save for Stone but he also wasn't responsible for that. You can't have it both ways. Danault is in another role compared to the kids(mostly talking about Suzuki and CC here).

Reactions: canucklover123

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Weird comment, of course Price is our MVP, where did I say otherwise? That doesn't mean that others weren't great. He was still a minus 2 and you were saying that Danault would have been a -1 if it wasn't for Price's save for Stone but he also wasn't responsible for that. You can't have it both ways. Danault is in another role compared to the kids(mostly talking about Suzuki and CC here).

The D and Danault looked that good because of Price, the fact that Shyflee was dumb and Marner and Matthews were MIA. But they, especially Matthews, had as many good chances as they do usually, fortunately, Price was great. Danault is really good defensively, but he's not as good as many are trying to portray him.

He's our #2C and he plays around 20:00/night, he needs to produce. I have never seen a centre playing that much, while been that inept offensively. When we were winning I rarely talked about it, but now that we are losing, I feel the need to point it out.

We won't win until that line start producing.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The D and Danault looked that good because of Price, the fact that Shyflee was dumb and Marner and Matthews were MIA. But they, especially Matthews, had as many good chances as they do usually, fortunately, Price was great. Danault is really good defensively, but he's not as good as many are trying to portray him.

He's our #2C and he plays around 20:00/night, he needs to produce. I have never seen a centre playing that much, while been that inept offensively. When we were winning I rarely talked about it, but now that we are losing, I feel the need to point it out.

Defense and Danault helped out Price tremendously most of the playoffs. Yes Price has been our undisputed MVP, but guys like Chiarot have been excellent most of the playoffs. Danault did an incredible job against other teams star players. Scheifele was in Danault's back pocket in game 1 and no other Jet had an answer for us. Also I completely disagree because that was the least dangerous I've seen Matthews against the Habs since he started his career and Marner couldn't do shit. Feels like you are giving him no credit whatsoever. He's been a massive part of our playoff push. His teammates acknowledge it and so do the opponents, but I guess those guys are all wrong lol.

I don't know why it is a struggle to understand that the Habs don't have the skill level to match up against other teams because nearly every single other team in the league is more talented than us upfront. We would get obliterated. Best chance is for us to limit other teams superstars which we have done.

What are you talking about man lol. Danault line produced just fine against the Jets. If you want any line to start producing, it needs to be KK's line, they are the only ones not doing their job. Also we had nearly broken a record for not trailing and won 7 games in a row.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I appreciate his defensive game which is still underrated by some posters on this board. But you can't afford to play a guy this much and have him not produce at all.

It's the same mistake that the org. did evaluating their C line in the Pleks-DD days.

If RNH is free I'd go after him. Neither Danault or KK is getting it done in complement to Suzuki.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Who cares if Roy was on ice when his team scored ? He's not an offensive threat and was pointless. Danault and his line mates should be able to exploit Roy's line.
Danault would still be -1 and judging by the fact that you are blaming Suzuki for his -1 because he lost a faceoff, I thought you would do the same for Danault, had Price not made the save...

:)

Fair enough, I missed that message, because it was not adressed to me.

Two goals were on lost faceoffs, Suzuki and KK could not do much to prevent that... Unless you expect them to win 100% of their faceoffs, which is impossible, they have almost no control on these situations.

Nick Suzuki is doing his job with 8 points in 12 games, neither goal was his fault, you can't ask too much from him.

KK is far from perfect, he lost his coverage on the other goal, but he already scored 4 goals, he has no assists yet, maybe his wingers should do something and he has the age excuse.

so you’re blaming danault on a hypothetical -1 because he was on the ice for a play he wasn’t involved in but price saved the shot but you’re not blaming Suzuki/kk for a lost face off that directly led to a goal :huh::huh::huh:

that’s quite the stance of having it both ways lol.

what an odd argument

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
I appreciate his defensive game which is still underrated by some posters on this board. But you can't afford to play a guy this much and have him not produce at all.

It's the same mistake that the org. did evaluating their C line in the Pleks-DD days.

If RNH is free I'd go after him. Neither Danault or KK is getting it done in complement to Suzuki.

RNH makes 6 million dollars, doubt he’s looking for less money

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Defense and Danault helped out Price tremendously most of the playoffs. Yes Price has been our undisputed MVP, but guys like Chiarot have been excellent most of the playoffs. Danault did an incredible job against other teams star players. Scheifele was in Danault's back pocket in game 1 and no other Jet had an answer for us. Also I completely disagree because that was the least dangerous I've seen Matthews against the Habs since he started his career and Marner couldn't do shit. Feels like you are giving him no credit whatsoever. He's been a massive part of our playoff push. His teammates acknowledge it and so do the opponents, but I guess those guys are all wrong lol.

I don't know it is a struggle to understand that the Habs don't have the skill level to match up against other teams because nearly every single other team in the league is more talented than us upfront. We would get obliterated. Best chance is for us to limit other teams superstars which we have done.

What are you talking about man lol. Danault line produced just fine against the Jets. If you want any line to start producing, it needs to be KK's line, they are the only ones not doing their job. Also we had nearly broken a record for not trailing and won 7 games in a row.

people will credit the fans at the bell center before they credit danaults défensive play, my dude you should know this :laugh::laugh:

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013

his line played 10:31 ES last night , also managed to not get scored against while Ns and KK who played a 1-2 mins under him both conceded two goals against...

What a weird take to go after him based on last game

Reactions: Trash Man

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Danault may have been the best forward on our team last night. He had good puck possession and retrieval, his two strong points. He created in the offensive zone, just no goals to show for it. Remember this guy gets zero PP time. If other guys (cough...KK) played as well as Danault last night we may have won.

Reactions: Archijerej

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Danault may have been the best forward on our team last night. He had good puck possession and retrieval, his two strong points. He created in the offensive zone, just no goals to show for it. Remember this guy gets zero PP time. If other guys (cough...KK) played as well as Danault last night we may have won.

This says quite a lot about how the team (did not) showed up last night... With all respect, Danault cannot be our best forward if we want a chance to win.

Also I find it quite odd/ironic by the coaching staff to always have hom on the ice when we need a goal (like in the last 4 mins yesterday), but like you say no PP time. Maybe they were just rewarding him last might but it seems to happen more often than not.

Not saying he deserves a place on the PP, but if you don't put him on it why even bother putting him when you meed a goal lol

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Also I find it quite odd/ironic by the coaching staff to always have hom on the ice when we need a goal (like in the last 4 mins yesterday), but like you say no PP time. Maybe they were just rewarding him last might but it seems to happen more often than not.
Because the coaches think in terms of lines and that line has been scoring goals. Even yesterday, they created our best chances.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
This says quite a lot about how the team (did not) showed up last night... With all respect, Danault cannot be our best forward if we want a chance to win.

Not saying he deserves a place on the PP, but if you don't put him on it why even bother putting him when you meed a goal lol

i agrée, his line did play well but if we’re down a couple goals, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the top options to be on the ice, especially if there is no point in defending at that point.

but in retrospect, he didn’t play near the same highs as he did in TO or Winnipeg, I guess cause we were losing and it was more about scoring

Reactions: abo9

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Because the coaches think in terms of lines and that line has been scoring goals. Even yesterday, they created our best chances.

This line (Lehk - Gallagher - Danault) has 4 goals in total... we have 4 players who have the same amount of goals on their own... Danault has 2 assists in 12 games - or 7 pts in 28 playoff career games. He's simply not a guy you want in the dying minutes when you need a goal

Although like I said maybe the coach was rewarding him last night since no one else was working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad