Phillip Broberg

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
They are under the cap and accruing space even with Kane healthy. They will be able to add the equivalent of a 4.5M dollar player at the TDL. Or a 9M player retained at 50% with no money out.
a single TDL player won’t fix that blue line.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
The blue line that was 1 game away from winning the cup just last year? (Minus Ceci and Broberg)

Are you arguing the Oilers can't improve on that with a trade (or two)?
They better add someone significant or they won’t be in the finals. What will be available and if they have assets to acquire such player is another story. Not a lot of quality at TDL.

The D core is worse without Ceci and Broberg and it wasn’t very good to begin with.

Losing Broberg for nothing was a complete failure.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
They better add someone significant or they won’t be in the finals. What will be available and if they have assets to acquire such player is another story. Not a lot of quality at TDL.

The D core is worse without Ceci and Broberg and it wasn’t very good to begin with.

I think you should wait more than 5 games to make such sweeping conclusions.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Yeah not gonna lie this is looking like it has the potential to become an absolute DISASTER for the Oilers. Not sure how they managed to let him slip away, especially given the lack of depth they have on D. If either one of Ek/Bouch get injured for a solid chunk of games they might be f***ed.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Thought he really did well in the playoffs. Stable defender and didn’t panic, was a great replacement for Desharnais.

But ya management f***ed up by not signing him earlier. Oh well, life as an Oilers fan. The cosmic dance continues.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Thinking you can add a top for d-man at the trade deadline and plan your whole season on it is Bush League stuff

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
As a Blues fan I have to ask why even make this thread. Yes we are thrilled with Broberg so far but what purpose does this thread serve other than to poke Oiler fans.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
A five-game point streak and zero goals against while on the ice. He seems to be gaining confidence by the second and starting ti fulfill his potential. Great move by STL.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I was always high on Broberg, his development path will be interesting to watch. With that being said, I wouldn’t look too much into a small sample size of 5 games.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
This move will cost the Oilers and McDrai a chance at the cup.

No, that nurse contract is doing that. It made this whole offer sheet business available in the first place.

The D core was pretty phenomenal last year. They got to the finals on their defense. GA, especially after the 11 game start was near top 5 in the league. Same GA as Florida in the playoffs, despite teams describing florida as defensive.

But secondly, Broberg was not going to do what he is doing playing 3rd pairing minutes, or off side shutdown duties. He was largely miffed because he had no spot on the roster that would allow him to play his style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad