Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 Continues Into Red October (2024 Edition)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
If you get rid of Kyle there is basically no one with any plate discipline other than Bryce. Truth is the stats show Nick should really be a platoon player. Nick should be one of the first ones to go though won't due to his little value.
Kyle should absolutely not be the only one with discipline. That has to be everyone not named Harper. The majority of the lineup needs to be guys who have discipline to set the table for the guys who hit for power and force pitchers to pitch to them.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
A Sosa

1694634045387.jpg

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
just give me a couple guys who see a lot of pitches per PA and can draw walks. Everything is under a microscope in the playoffs so individual AB’s become important. Things are tighter. There are no bad pitchers or teams to beat up on. Way too many quick easy outs in the lineup

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
They've got to add some guys that can put together some difficult at bats for opposing pitchers. Guys that can hit a single or put it through a gap. I dont need Schwarber/Harper level power added.... The middle/late part of the lineup need a major adjustment.

Trea Turner to me has been a complete disappointment. I can still hear John Hamm narrating his video he sent to teams..."as close to slump proof as it gets." And his Defense was abysmal.

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
On my list of things that suck:

1) Goddamnit, Francona, you couldn't have waited one more week?
2) Can someone, anyone, anyone the actual factual f*** at all, work a f***ing count for once in your goddamned lives?
3) Why is Taijuan Walker?
4) Can we finally admit that we don't need a Chief Vibes Officer as much as we need a backup catcher?
5) Seriously, runners in scoring position is a thing we're allowed to have. Chicks may dig the long ball, but they won't give a damn how long your balls are if you're hanging them up there in big fat Ls.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Stott is too damn good defensively to be as shit at the plate as he is. He is a guy that needs to be playing every game, not platooning because he can't hit lefties.

Marsh is a replacement level player. Good vibes are great if you are contributing, he doesn't.

Bohm is hurt. I'll give him a pass only if he comes in refocused next year. But this postseason was terrible and it went beyond him being hurt. He was an automatic 1 or 2 pitch out every time up.

Clements and Hayes are completely worthless. They don't deserve a spot on a contending team.

Rojas is great defensively, but a disaster at the plate. I don't know if it's worth keeping him around.

We need guys who can get on base. Enough of this all or nothing long ball shit. It doesn't work in the postseason.
It worked for the Mets . . . but I don’t disagree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad