Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 Continues Into Red October (2024 Edition)

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Marsh is a very good platoon player. Remember like over 70% of starting pitchers are right handed and he crushes them. The problem is center field is a black hole and in reality Nick should be more of a platoon player (never will though).

I'm not ready to give up on Stott. I just think he had a bad year.

Reactions: BiggE and Magua

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
  • Stott showed so much last season, it was such a let down to see him struggling this year.
  • Marsh is a vibes guy at this point. We've got to get every day players in the outfield.
  • Bohm just comes off horribly when things aren't going his way.
Stott is too damn good defensively to be as shit at the plate as he is. He is a guy that needs to be playing every game, not platooning because he can't hit lefties.

Marsh is a replacement level player. Good vibes are great if you are contributing, he doesn't.

Bohm is hurt. I'll give him a pass only if he comes in refocused next year. But this postseason was terrible and it went beyond him being hurt. He was an automatic 1 or 2 pitch out every time up.

Clements and Hayes are completely worthless. They don't deserve a spot on a contending team.

Rojas is great defensively, but a disaster at the plate. I don't know if it's worth keeping him around.

We need guys who can get on base. Enough of this all or nothing long ball shit. It doesn't work in the postseason.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Just inexcusable. The entire hitting staff has to be fired. Complete failure on them to do their job and have this team ready to play

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Keepers: Harper, Casty, Stott, starting rotation minus walker

Stuck with: Turner, Realmuto,

Shoot into the sun: Thompson, Schwarber, Bohm, entire bullpen

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Stott is too damn good defensively to be as shit at the plate as he is. He is a guy that needs to be playing every game, not platooning because he can't hit lefties.

Marsh is a replacement level player. Good vibes are great if you are contributing, he doesn't.

Bohm is hurt. I'll give him a pass only if he comes in refocused next year. But this postseason was terrible and it went beyond him being hurt. He was an automatic 1 or 2 pitch out every time up.

Clements and Hayes are completely worthless. They don't deserve a spot on a contending team.

Rojas is great defensively, but a disaster at the plate. I don't know if it's worth keeping him around.

We need guys who can get on base. Enough of this all or nothing long ball shit. It doesn't work in the postseason.
Bohm was terrible in the post-season last year, too. And he shouldn't have been batting 5th.

It's amazing how they're built to slug, and an entire half of your lineup was death.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
March 29th 2024:
Tbh the bats scare me a lot more than the arms. They were shit in the spring. Look like shit today (granted Strider and shadows are a bad combo). They are another year into their 30s for many of them and most didn't/don't have great discipline to begin with.

Always was a flawed roster. Dombo is probably going to empty the clip this offseason.

Reactions: FatTugboatFlahr

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Keepers: Harper, Casty, Stott, starting rotation minus walker

Stuck with: Turner, Realmuto,

Shoot into the sun: Thompson, Schwarber, Bohm, entire bullpen
You want to get rid of Kyle and not Nick? Why?

I would really consider moving Ranger with only 1 year of control left. Especially if they could get a potential decent bat. Love him though.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

I would really consider moving Ranger with only 1 year of control left. Especially if they could get a potential decent bat. Love him though.
I'd be ok moving on from both.

They're both extremely flawed. Far too inconsistent to be in the spots they are in the lineup. And with Kyle not drawing walks like he used to, he's become an easy out.

Nick is a waste. He has moments of brilliance but statistically he's one of the all time worst postseason players during his tenure here. A consistent Trainwreck that makes you forget about it by having a rare big hit.

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
Dombo is probably going to empty the clip this offseason.

I have absolutely no idea what that looks like anymore.

It feels like multiple signficant position player changes but also that I have no idea where they are. Every position with an asset that's movable is selling incredibly low or costing you significant retention. I guess the former doesn't matter as much if you're moving all in on a 2 year window?

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006

Nick comes through in big moments. Did all year. Hes slump prone sure but he showed up to this series.

The line up revolves around schwarber. Hes locked into the lead off spot and you lose a lot of roster flexibilty. If you really wanna shake up this line up to be better suited for the playoffs, hes the guy to move on from.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Yeah I went from 5'10 to 6'0 this week.

6’0? That’s it? Yiiiiiiiikes.

Daniel-Briere-and-Brent-Flahr-1.png

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Nick comes through in big moments. Did all year. Hes slump prone sure but he showed up to this series.

The line up revolves around schwarber. Hes locked into the lead off spot and you lose a lot of roster flexibilty. If you really wanna shake up this line up to be better suited for the playoffs, hes the guy to move on from.
If you get rid of Kyle there is basically no one with any plate discipline other than Bryce. Truth is the stats show Nick should really be a platoon player. Nick should be one of the first ones to go though won't due to his little value.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Give me a couple boring vanilla 30 year old outfielders who hit .280 and walk. Like guys who aren’t stars but can battle in individual plate appearances and get on base. Bottom half of the lineup can easily be replaced; they showed nothing in the postseason

Give Stott and Bohm one more year though I think Bohm might not be the type of batter that succeeds in the postseason. He was great in the first half, see if he can build on that and become more patient. Stott can at least see pitches and he’s had a few clutch moments

Next year might be a reshuffle and try again. Maybe the young guys are ready to infuse raw talent in the lineup the year after next

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
If you get rid of Kyle there is basically no one with any plate discipline other than Bryce. Truth is the stats show Nick should really be a platoon player. Nick should be one of the first ones to go though won't due to his little value.

Getting rid of Kyle would be replaced by a Sosa ideally.

I agree with plate discipline. I still think Rhys was a huge loss in that department. He really made the line up tougher.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
The outfield is the problem. They need a major upgrade at CF and good rh bat to platoon with Marsh in left. And both need to be guys who know how to take pitches and get on base.

Once again, they need another good arm or 3 in the ‘pen too.

And Thompson just has to go. The feel good pats on the ass method obviously isn’t working. You don’t need to go full Torts, never go full Torts, but they someone who will also kick an ass or 2 when needed. The new mgr needs a better understanding of how to manage a bullpen or he needs to bring in a top notch pitching coach who will make those decision for him.

Reactions: Svechhammer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad