Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Williams only played half the season, but had only given up one other home run this season.

Playing the Mets will be fun, but they're doing very un-Mets things which is what would concern me given the success they had against the Phillies. They're coming through in the clutch. They're not going to waver when shit gets real. And the Phillies ain't felt that kind of heat this season.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Mets are just the Phillies from the last 2 seasons. And the Phillies are the Braves. Very nervous

GEtY_T.gif

Phils in 3.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Nah man, Devin Williams went full clutch choke. Missing spots and throwing pumpkins when forcing it.

The Mets are good, but the Phillies are better and unlike the Braves still hungry because they haven't won it, yet.
The Phillies were also better than Arizona last year. Playoff baseball is all about be getting hot at the right time, as we’ve seen for years now.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The Phillies were also better than Arizona last year. Playoff baseball is all about be getting hot at the right time, as we’ve seen for years now.
I wouldn't exactly say how the Mets won that one tonight was 'getting hot'

Their bats have been ice cold for 2 games except for Williams collapsing and throwing pumpkins with the season on the line. Reminds me a lot of how we looked against Atlanta last year.

Reactions: Rebels57

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I wouldn't exactly say how the Mets won that one tonight was 'getting hot'

Their bats have been ice cold for 2 games except for Williams collapsing and throwing pumpkins with the season on the line. Reminds me a lot of how we looked against Atlanta last year.
They’re about 70-40 since June 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad