Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hopefully Turnbull is healthy soon because Ranger cant start a playoff game.

Ranger is looking unplayable heading into postseason.

I cant figure out why he (and whoever is catching) keep throwing his atrocious curveball in the zone. Its legit a high school level pitch right now. Baffling.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sanchez has a 400 ERA away from CBP and Nola is prone to random dogshit starts. They would have to be almost perfect.

Bryce is also clearly dealing with an injury.

Every rotation has issues. Dodgers have 1 good pitcher and Kershaw might not be returning.

Bryce is hitting like .350 the past month. His elbow is really on driving down his HR totals.

• Haha
Reactions: FatTugboatFlahr

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I don't mind getting the 2nd seed and avoiding the Padres in a potential 5 game series. There is a major Ranger problem though.

Rhys hit a grandslam as the Mets have imploded early. The Tigers have secured a playoff spot. Number 121 for the White Sox.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Rebels57

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Ranger has to be coming out of the pen in the PO’s, right? Something is really wrong. He was stellar the first ~half of the season but after the injury he fell off a cliff. If he’s not healthy he shouldn’t be pitching. The way his ERA (I know it isn’t a be all, end all stat) ballooned is concerning

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I don't know what to think of the Mets/Braves. The Mets scare me more being so hot (cooling down lately), but we have to keep Whit very, very far away from the Phillies in the playoffs. Believe me

Reactions: Schwarbomb

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Snakes pretty much have to win the next two against the Dad's to have a chance. Both Atlanta and the Mets hold the tiebreaker over them.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wheeler, Nola, Sanchez is still one of the best Top 3's in Baseball and our Bullpen is elite.
Post-season you can do a bullpen game (game 4) as long as 3 RPs are saved for game 5 and then day off for bullpen to rest.
So that can happen each series.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Gonna get swept by the horrendous Nationals and limp into their bye week. Their offense goes missing for too many consecutive innings to be excited for the playoffs. They needed one more legit bat at the deadline but instead added that bum Hays who cant stay healthy for more than 17 minutes in a row.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad