Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Massive win. Wheeler went 7 and Strahm and Hoffman finished it off. At worst tomorrow they will 3 games(4 really with the tiebreaker) over the Brewers for the bye with 10 games to go.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Estevez blows another one. Happens around once per week. His stuff isn't as good as he thinks it is.
I've always thought Hoffman should be the closer. They needed to add another arm which Estevez is but he doesn't have to close games. His K/9 (8.2) is below his career average of 9.5. He is having a career low walk rate though. With the way Orion has pitcher could make a case for him.

Though they only scored 1 run and struck out 16 times. That's not going to get it done.

Last edited:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I've always thought Hoffman should be the closer. They needed to add another arm which Estevez is but he doesn't have to close games. With the way Orion has pitcher could make a case for him.
Hes a solid 8th inning guy but i trust Hoffman more. Carlos pitches in the zone too much and doesnt have enough movement to always get away with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad