Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t know why you trade away a LHP unless Ranger is a option for the bullpen in the playoffs

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Weird stuff. I guess a couple prospects coming back for Soto is something. The pitcher is a young guy in the low minors with good strikeout stuff and control problems, stop me if you've heard that before. I'm not sure about Banks, I'll have to look into that. He dominates lefties fwiw

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
ah-shit-here-we-go-again-ah-shit.gif

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I liked Bergolla. Probably wasn't gonna hit with enough pop though to make an impact.

I don’t know why you trade away a LHP unless Ranger is a option for the bullpen in the playoffs
Suarez might go to the pen down the stretch but it mostly comes down to not trusting him (like Dominguez) and roster Spots. Banks took his.

LHR:
Alvarado
Strahm
Banks

RHR:
Estevez
Hoffman
Kerkering

Wheeler
Nola
Sanchez
Suarez
Walker
Turnbull

That's 12 and whoever of the fringe guys earns the last spot in the pen.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I liked Bergolla. Probably wasn't gonna hit with enough pop though to make an impact.

Suarez might go to the pen down the stretch but it mostly comes down to not trusting him (like Dominguez) and roster Spots. Banks took his.

LHR:
Alvarado
Strahm
Banks

RHR:
Estevez
Hoffman
Kerkering

Wheeler
Nola
Sanchez
Suarez
Walker
Turnbull

You figure one of Sanchez or Suarez out of the pen too. Turnbull is a question mark post injury but he's another bulk guy. It's certainly solid on paper, these guys just have to deliver

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

LHR:
Alvarado
Strahm
Banks

RHR:
Estevez
Hoffman
Kerkering

Wheeler
Nola
Sanchez
Suarez
Walker
Turnbull

Didn't realize Banks is lefthanded. I was looking at how batting hand when i looked it up

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Sanchez has been one of the best starters in baseball so I doubt very much he goes to the pen unless they have some crazy innings limit on him.
Oh definitely. Anything could happen to rookies in the playoffs though, he might be on a short leash. I'd give him the ball though at this point (always been a San he's guy) especially considering Ranger has playoff bullpen experience in high leverage

If Ranger's time off truly heals his back and gets him back into form it'll be a wild competition for playoff starts between those two.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Strahm was never going to pitch to his sub 2 ERA but he has been bad this past month. He barely walked anyone prior.

Their offense just stalls after the first few innings. It's bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad