Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I did not expect Wheeler to get shelled like this. Though 3 runs isnt enough. Nola was very good against the Braves and Dodgers, need that type of performance tomorrow. Cole hasnt been great since he's been back. It probably wont matter. Nice to see Marsh hitting again though.
Yeah Wheeler getting shelled is a rare event, can't really draw any major conclusions about it other than to say it was just a rare shit start for him.

The offense being dog shit again is worrisome. They need another bat.

Badly

And it probably needs to be someone like Robert who has been having a down year but is usually very reliable and extremely productive. And start him over Castellanos, who probably needs to not be on the team anymore.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I will say I get a kick out of the Twitter heads bitching and moaning about trade deadline deals not being enough when just a month ago these same people were declaring this the best team ever.

Reactions: trostol

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They’ll snap out of it but f*** is it brutal to watch when they seemingly go into the tank all at once.
Oh, without a doubt but we’ve seen that for two plus years now. The flaws have always been there.

The organization hasn’t done what is required on multiple fronts.

They can still very easily win the whole thing with their depending on Good Vibes but… I don’t think “the greatest team of all time” needs deadline deals to get over the hump.

Reactions: Rebels57

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
This is the 2nd time in 15 days they allowed over 14 runs at home and 6+ home runs.
Perfect time for the local fans to forget about them for a couple weeks though.
I dont think it's very likely but if they keep playing the way they have since the break they could be in 2nd place when two weeks from tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad