Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
distrokid.com
1720101753306.png

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Braves lost 2/3 to the Giants while the Phillies won 2/3 at Wrigley. Only way this weekend is terrible is if the Braves sweep (I dont think they will). if the Phillies get a game have to feel really well about them.

Reactions: Rebels57

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The Braves lost 2/3 to the Giants while the Phillies won 2/3 at Wrigley. Only way this weekend is terrible is if the Braves sweep (I dont think they will). if the Phillies get a game have to feel really well about them.
LAD is going to be tough too. Have to go .500...take it one chunk at a time til the team is healthy lol

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
LAD is going to be tough too. Have to go .500...take it one chunk at a time til the team is healthy lol
I agree, these next two series are difficult. They finish before break with a bad A's team. The Braves however are a game under .500 since May 1, that's a significant amount of time to be playing such a way. I think they have lost 27 straight games when the opponent has scored 4 runs or more. That's ridiculous.

• Wow
Reactions: DancingPanther

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
It's lost about 80% of its muster, and it all has to do with how lame the rules are now
The time thing is dumb. Go back to 10 strikes per round. Also eliminate the H2H and just do a 1st round AL, 1st round NL with the winner advancing.

It's too dragged out. It's too much about altering your swing style to be non-game like.

Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The time thing is dumb. Go back to 10 strikes per round. Also eliminate the H2H and just do a 1st round AL, 1st round NL with the winner advancing.

It's too dragged out. It's too much about altering your swing style to be non-game like.
I mean the last sentence is whatever BUT agreed with everything til then. It's so f***ing stupid now lol

There goes his good season. FML.
The derby curse overrated. Guys swing like that every day in bp

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I mean the last sentence is whatever BUT agreed with everything til then. It's so f***ing stupid now lol

The derby curse overrated. Guys swing like that every day in bp
3 of the 4 Finalists last season have been struggling since.

Julio Rodriguez, Randy Arozarena, Luis Robert Jr.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
3 of the 4 Finalists last season have been struggling since.

Julio Rodriguez, Randy Arozarena, Luis Robert Jr.
Rodriguez after the home run derby last season: .308/.363/.578, 19 homers. Has had a tough year this year but I can't imagine it's because of a homer competition which didn't hamper him at all that season

Robert: got hurt in the second half, also has been hurt this year. Hit .251/.291/.498 after the derby. Still hit 12 homers before his season ended in September

Arozarena has always been overarozarated. Last season he was carried by a huge March/April where he hit 1/3rd of his homers and batted .330. He had a good bounceback August after slumping before the all star break.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Whit is f***ing atrocious. Just cost them a run with terrible base-running.

Bad read on the Marchan single. Bad read on the bunt.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Whit is f***ing atrocious. Just cost them a run with terrible base-running.

Bad read on the Marchan single. Bad read on the bunt.
Remember when we had Whitmania shoved down our throats before the season?

Seriously...this guy was played up like he was Utley-lite. He hasnt done shit despite the oppurtunity.

Just another example of if the first thing said about you is "he plays the right way!" it probably means you arent that good...

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad