Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Does WIP really think this is going to draw ratings?

This guy strikes me as a I hate this guy so much I want to change the channel type of hatred than a I hate this guy but I’ll still listen to piss myself off type of hatred.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Does WIP really think this is going to draw ratings? This guy strikes me as I hate this guy so much I want to change the channel type of person than I hate this guy but I want to hate listen to it type.

That's exactly who he is. He's insufferable. I gave up sports talk radio entirely on the drive home. Usually they'd get me for a minute or two on the drive home on a daily basis but not anymore.

He just wants to whine about Harper and defend Embiid at any chance he gets and the other station you just have Tyrone shouting anyone down with a differing opinion than him.

Just a BRUTAL period for the radio in the city.

Fritz and Ike weren't bad during the month period where Eskin was still up in NY but now that he's there they're insufferable.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Honestly regular music radio is also crap in this city for the most part save less than a handful of stations

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Which reminds me, @JojoTheWhale

I heard mention of "Farm Olympics" at Keith Jones' house at some point as some type of old event that he used to do. Was that where Cornboy came from?

I’m not actually sure. My buddy’s Dad is a friend of Angelo’s going back decades. He used to do all of their shirts and stuff and I would help them out at events from time to time, so I was at a lot of random things. They always made me take a shirt, so I have a box full of weird ones. That was just the one that made me look the worst. :laugh:

I’ll PM you the name for obvious reasons.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Turner took a 97 MPH off his throwing wrist and suddenly looks like he has a cannon from SS lol

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

This guy strikes me as a I hate this guy so much I want to change the channel type of hatred than a I hate this guy but I’ll still listen to piss myself off type of hatred.

Dude is really the personification of 'face for radio' tho lol

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

I have never in my life understood the appeal of that guy. Right off the bat, I don't like his radio voice. He also seems to have a need to be a killjoy. When he first got on that show he started talking about how they were going to start having rules for callers. Now, whatever you think about WIP or sports talk in general, I'm pretty sure that was handily the top rated show in Philly when Marks left, and he always gave the callers a lot of credit for that. Then this dude comes in and is like, "We need to make some changes round her!"

Why, moron? Not serious enough? Who cares, if you're getting ratings. I will just never get why anyone ever thought putting him on the air was appealing. He was annoying back in the YSP days when it was a rock station.

Last edited:
Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Awful Turner error that should have been a DP instead loads the bases. Just an awful error.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
And now the Turner error has cost them 4 runs.

No idea why Ranger cut that off though.

Game over.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Bases-loaded nobody out and Bohm hits one to mid-center field and Dusty DOES NOT send Kyle from 3B. The throw didn't even come home. Just atrocious. Inning ends with just 1 run scored after based-loaded nobody out.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Annnnd now it's tied 1 Turnbull pitch into the following inning.

Could have blown the game open in the top of the 1st and instead they start from scratch. They really need to improve the second half of the lineup and they need a new 3B coach. Dusty is the Lappy of the Flyers.

Last edited:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Haven't been keeping up with this thread so apologies if this was posted before, the one in the middle is Erin Marsh, heptathlon gold medalist at the Pan-Am Games and sister of guess who.

puerto-ricos-alysbeth-felix-boyer-us-erin-marsh-and-us-jordan-virginia-gray-celebrate-after.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad