Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
That should be the last game for Walker as a Phillie. DFA him tomorrow, eat the cost and move on. He's absolutely cooked, has nothing left in the tank, and the entire team just mails it in during his games because they all know there is no point in trying when he's good to give up 10+ runs.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
No WAY those aren't satirical names making fun of old timey baseball nicknames

Walker literally stood in front of his locker and complained that he didn't throw an inning in the playoffs last season. That was a real thing that happened.
Ooh that would be a fun game.

What would the old timey baseball nickname for 2024 Taijuan Walker be?

• Haha
Reactions: DancingPanther

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Just split this series and it will be 5 games up with 25 to go. Obviously not impossible to choke but would be difficult to especially as the schedule gets much easier than July and August.

Reactions: Rebels57

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Went to yesterdays game, Walker just lobbin meatballs over the plate. Turrible. Stuck around for the no hitter, left as soon as they got a hit.

• Haha
Reactions: Rebels57

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He'll probably be shocked and appalled that he was relegated to the bullpen

I really don’t get the “but he’s a great guy defense”. It’s not just that he sucks but what also is fueling the fire is him complaining about not being on the playoff roster & liking posts on twitter during the playoffs criticizing Thompson.

I’m not necessarily saying that makes him a bad guy but at the same point it’s hard to try & paint a picture where he’s said & done the right stuff off the field since he’s been here.

Like you threw your manager under the bus after he correctly identified that you weren’t worthy of starting in the playoffs & Sanchez just outplayed you in the second half of last year to deserve that spot.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I really don’t get the “but he’s a great guy defense”. It’s not just that he sucks but what also is fueling the fire is him complaining about not being on the playoff roster & liking posts on twitter during the playoffs criticizing Thompson.

I’m not necessarily saying that makes him a bad guy but at the same point it’s hard to try & paint a picture where he’s said & done the right stuff off the field since he’s been here.

Like you threw your manager under the bus after he correctly identified that you weren’t worthy of starting in the playoffs & Sanchez just outplayed you in the second half of last year to deserve that spot.
But he's a

VETERAN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad